Old Geezer Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Geezer Question

Is it just me or does everyone sleep less the older they get? I average about five hours of sleep a night. I usually wake up at the same time to whiz and then never really go back to sleep. Sux getting old, but it better than the alternative!
    A doctor friend of mine told me the super beta prostate was “snake oil” and not to waste money on it. He is urologist btw.

I'm in the same boat.
    Except yesterday! Didn't get up till 830.
    I was up at 630 today. I'm usually up at 5

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for You and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor, but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.

Comment

I'm only 40 but have been going to bed between 9-10pm and waking up at 6am everyday for years. I slept in this morning until 6:45am.

Comment

It happens.

Comment

What's old?
          I'm 40 and 5hrs of sleep is average for me as well.
          Been that way my whole life though.
          Go to bed around midnight and up around 4:30-5 every morning.

Comment

Yep. I tried taking melatonin, but hard to wake up. Take a Benadryl occasionally now
            Only advice I have is more exercise and less fluids before bed
            Naps keep me from going to sleep early. Personally I like to awake about dawn, whenever that is.

BP

Comment

Same here. Benadryl occasionally. Got out of the service and was never able to sleep late again. My wife can sleep on demand. I can’t take a nap either or it keeps me awake at night. And it seems like what doesn’t hurt doesn’t work either.

Comment

I used to get up at 4am for 35 years...that is all over with now. Bad at 9pm.
                Now I go to bed about 11, up at 630-7ish. I seem to be sleeping a bit longer now that I am retired. Occasional pee pee wake ups....usually from beer nights .

Comment

Its all of those afternoon naps that mess up your night sleeping!

Comment

I’m 44 and I wake up everydaybetwren 5 and 5:30 pretty much every morning. Used to not be that way, seems like the past couple years it has though. My wife hates it cause I don’t always get out of bed and will most of the time wake her up too. ��

Comment

I've had the same problems for years. Now I take 2 Ambien and 1 Tylenol PM and sleep through the night pretty good.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Naps and ambian. Problem solved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I get about 5 to 7 hours a night but thanks to my c-pap I feel rested most of the time. The only time I don't feel rested is when I'm under a lot of stress from work or whatever and don't sleep deeply.

Comment

Tony Pic is staying up late perping on little granny purple hair in Golden Age Manor nursing home. That’s how he sleeps late!

Comment

Just turned 50. Go to bed about 9-10pm M-F up at 2:30am for work. Weekends hit or miss when I sleep but always up by 6am. Been this way for about 15 yrs now.

Comment

Working...
                              X