Guys, can we talk wedding venues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
    Spending 10k on a wedding is ridiculous. That money could be used for something a whole lot more meaningful than one day.

Ya. Something way more meaningful than trading vows with your wife....like a Polaris or an elk hunt

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck and best wishes

but I do hope she is a hunter.!
      Last edited by Big pig; 12-14-2019, 06:27 PM. Reason: Duplicate

Comment

Originally posted by JTRichardson View Post
        Well gents -

The time has come for bachelorhood to end for me.

Getting married 10/16/2020 and we have started looking for a venue in the Tomball area, I know we are late to the game in starting this part of it all but life gets busy and some things just have to wait.

Have checked out one place in Tomball that had an “all-inclusive” package outside of security and photographer but they snuck a little disclaimer about $30 extra per guest over 50.

Is this typical? Wedding budget of around $10K - maxing out at $12K as I am paying for this entirely out of my own pocket.

Any suggestions on places around the Tomball area or if I can expect all these places to charge extra for anything over 50 guests?

Thanks in advance for your input folks, already stressing over here about it since I think in terms of dollars and SENSE.
        You will regret a bow season anniversary! Especially when you get past the honeymoon part of your marrage.

Look at Montgomery, texas. More than one venue just up the road

Learn more about wedding venues in Montgomery on The Knot. Find, research and contact wedding professionals on The Knot, featuring reviews and info on the best wedding vendors.

BP

Comment

Man we got married at the springs venue... I did it all out of pocket for around 11k

Comment

One thing to remember is she has been planning this since she was young and you just started. ��. My suggestion is keep the cost to a minimum and splurge on honeymoon or life investment. The key is make her happy

Comment

10k is cheap for a wedding. We were over that for my sons and we just paid for catering and flowers. Plus a place for family to stay etc. You can do it yourself. May be pushing it less than a year but that is off season for weddings so that will help.

Don't worry about October anniversary. Mine is October. Wife does not hunt. Sometimes those are weekend days, sometimes not. You can celebrate anniversary's any day of the month. If I am hunting she is cool. I still celebrate one of the days [emoji3].

No help on venue, but hit a wedding show or 2...get lots of leads and ideas.

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

Get married when she wants to get married and how she wants to get married. She's been thinking of this day forever and it's about her anyways. I laugh at the guys worried about getting married during hunting season. October 7th here, and sure, I've missed a few hunts, spent a couple of anniversaries hunting with her, missed a couple of anniversaries altogether because she was fine with it and never once considered putting my need to be in the woods before what my wife wanted.

You can have a nice wedding for $10k....she's just got to be on the same page. My daughter's was out The House Estate in Hockley, catered my Mel's Diner in Tomball and her inlaws bought the liquor. Full disclosure....it wasn't a $10k wedding, but it could have been.

Comment

JP + 2 APR custom rifles + good glass =10k

Done deal

Comment

No help here but the date falls in bow season.

Comment

10 other months to get married in
                      Why does she get to pick?

Delete everything I said if her dad owns some good hunting ground
                      Or large part of downtown.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                        Spending 10k on a wedding is ridiculous. That money could be used for something a whole lot more meaningful than one day.
                        Agreed. Way better options than that. Love is love. Money is...don’t throw it away.

Comment

#betamale

Comment

Originally posted by TexasRough1256 View Post
                            Man we got married at the springs venue... I did it all out of pocket for around 11k
                            We also did this. Just north of Magnolia. Best bang for our buck that we found. Congratulations man

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                              Get married when she wants to get married and how she wants to get married. She's been thinking of this day forever and it's about her anyways. I laugh at the guys worried about getting married during hunting season. October 7th here, and sure, I've missed a few hunts, spent a couple of anniversaries hunting with her, missed a couple of anniversaries altogether because she was fine with it and never once considered putting my need to be in the woods before what my wife wanted.

You can have a nice wedding for $10k....she's just got to be on the same page. My daughter's was out The House Estate in Hockley, catered my Mel's Diner in Tomball and her inlaws bought the liquor. Full disclosure....it wasn't a $10k wedding, but it could have been.
                              ^^^ This guy usually has good advice.

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post
                                10k is cheap for a wedding. We were over that for my sons and we just paid for catering and flowers. Plus a place for family to stay etc. You can do it yourself. May be pushing it less than a year but that is off season for weddings so that will help.

Don't worry about October anniversary. Mine is October. Wife does not hunt. Sometimes those are weekend days, sometimes not. You can celebrate anniversary's any day of the month. If I am hunting she is cool. I still celebrate one of the days [emoji3].

No help on venue, but hit a wedding show or 2...get lots of leads and ideas.

.....and God Bless America.

lol ... oh well.
                                Haven't saw any posts on here about weddings in churches, just venues(bars) and lots of alcohol involved. And they wonder where all the cost is going..?
                                Last edited by tdwinklr; 12-14-2019, 08:57 PM. Reason: sp

Comment

Working...
                                X