Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does your boss or company give Christmas bonuses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard to believe a lot of companies don’t give out Christmas bonuses. We give anywhere from 500.00-20,000 dollar bonuses all depending on how well grass sells were for the year.

We’d rather give it to our employees than give it to Uncle Sam
    Last edited by RMW; 12-14-2019, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Nate View Post
      The part that bothers me most about giving Christmas bonus’ to the employees is that it is never enough. Most gripe for what they get and very few are grateful for what they get. At least in the industry that I work in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
      I make a point to give my guys a bonus every year, but it’s never enough and very under appreciated. Still, it makes me feel better knowing I tried.
      I only have one full time guy and have been trying to decide whether I should or not. The comments above dont help my thoughts about it. He has asked if I am giving a bonus and I told him I dont know and hadnt even considered it previously. He has worked it into a couple of conversations since. My problem is that we are very, very slow. In the past 6 weeks or so I havent had a full work load and have only had enough work to have him around 30hrs/week ( it varies ) but have been paying him for 40hrs. ( hourly )

I am kinda looking at it like its kinda greedy to want a bonus when clearly we are not doing well, and quite frankly feel like he should just be happy he is getting paid for 40hrs when he isnt working it. Cost me thousands doing that so far...

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
        I really hope so! I have promised my family a nice pool in the backyard with my bonus. My cousin is visiting and staying in his RV. I’m gonna be offline for a while, I have A LOT of lights to put up. [emoji846]

****ters full!

Comment

We get 96 hours a year vacation and 96 hours personal a year, if we do t use the personal time we get it paid at Christmas time. Not really a bonus but an incentive to not take time off.

Comment

I'll probably get the same bonus I did last and that was working 11 hours on Christmas.

Comment

That's a big fat neeeeegative

Comment

I have two bonus opportunities.
                Quarterly safety and meet year end achievements in Net Revenue and EBITA. The safety bonuses this year has paid for next years lease fees.

Comment

Never once in my life! Work for an ******* now. Maybe I will just won't show up a couple days and go fishing instead and call that my bonus!

Comment

Our company does. Went to ours last night. I could do without it.

Comment

Yes $1000 bonus and health insurance paid for two pay checks.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Comment

20 years ago. Yes. Nowadays no. I have not heard of bonuses it about 15 years.

Comment

Normally get a frozen turkey, does that count?

Comment

Originally posted by Wayspr View Post
                            Normally get a frozen turkey, does that count?
                            Ours is a ham. I put it in the freezer and we have it at Easter. When I put it on the smoker Easter morning it is like getting a gift twice! I am frugal so little things like that make me happy LOL!

My employer pays some for health insurance and contributes 3-5% to our 401k mid summer and since I have been there 20 years get 30 days TOWP so all in all I cant complain.

I worked for a feedlot part time in high school and something they did that I thought was really neat was they put 2-$100 bills in the envelope with full time peoples February paycheck since rent, mortgage, car payment, etc. we’re all still due but people made less since there was less days in the month to earn.

Comment

My boss is a cheap *** so the closest thing to a bonus I get is time off to hunt without pay (but only whenever the schedule allows it to work out that way.)
                              Also, I'm self employed so that may have something to do with it...

Comment

My partners and I pay out twice-annual bonuses to our employees based on company profitability. Our payouts are in mid June and mid December. They are generally enough to put a smile on their faces, assuming they are performing to our expectations. December is a stressful time of year families, and we do everything in our power to make the December bonus happen, even if we weren’t able to give out a summer bonus. We wouldn’t be the company we are without great people, and we do like to reward them for their contributions.

Comment

Working...
                                X