Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Does your boss or company give Christmas bonuses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bpa556 View Post
    You’ve already paid him over a week’s worth of unearned wages out of you own pocket. The fact that he had the gall to ask about a bonus under the current circumstances would infuriate me to no end and absolutely preclude the possibility of a bonus. I would (professionally, of course) remind him of the current business climate and explain that profits are currently being used to subsidize weekly pay.

If he’s a squared-away guy who makes a solid hand when business is steady, he’ll understand and probably feel a bit ashamed for asking (and rightly so).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree with this...if he’s worth his salt, he’ll be ashamed he even mentioned it

We usually give the employees a bonus. Thanks to my loser (soon to be ex) brother in law giving the company and our family a royal screwing this year, we are struggling to cover salaries and keep the doors open. The employees are fully aware of the predicament and I highly doubt they’re even wondering. It truly sucks to not be able to provide any type of bonus this year...makes me mad as heck when I think of what one piece of crap losers decisions can do to others

To those who are receiving bonuses, please be grateful and thankful. To those who aren’t...all situations are different, but try to be thankful for the employment. It could be worse for you...and I’m praying 2020 is a much better year for us, and for you all as well

Comment

I'm very grateful for the opportunity at a bonus with my company. Its a two pronged bonus; half is dependant upon how well the company is profiting, and the other is performance based. We had a great year, and my projects performed well so I got a 4 figure bonus. It's great incentive to keep busting my butt.

My wife gets $100 per year for every year she's been with her job. 7 years now, which covers much of our Christmas expenses. We're both thankful.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

We get our bonuses once the fiscal year has ended. They are a percentage of our salary and depend on if what percent of our profit goal was met. they can range from 0-150% of your set percentage of your salary.

Comment

We got a small gift and a couple hundred bucks, same as last year. We all hate to sound ungrateful because anything is appreciated but we were told at the beginning of the year if we hit $10mil in revenue, that our Christmas bonuses would explode. We kicked *** this year, did $11 mil+ and nothing changed. Employees don't forget when you say you are going to give them money.

Comment

I work at a large community college and we have over 1800 full time employees. We don’t get Christmas bonuses, but we have received an annual raise in each of the 23 years I’ve worked there. Absolutely no complaints from me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Jelly of the month club. . .
              Attached Files

Comment

We had Valero years back give our company 100$ gift card for all the employees. So what did our company do. The put the gift cart in their holiday card like they gave it to us with no mention of Valero. Doesn’t get much sleazier than that.

Comment

We get a $25 Walmart gift card that has the tax taken out of it so it’s really only like $23.

Comment

Yes.

But its based on how much extra billed time you accumulated throughout the year above the minimum expectation.

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
                      We got $1000 the last few years. Dropped to $500 this year, but we got substantial raises. I’m a teacher, and our district still doesn’t pay as much as some others, but we’re reasonably well compensated considering that the profession as a whole is underpaid
                      We dont get a bonus per say but we did get a raise this year for teaching and for driving a bus. Every 5 years we get to choose a gift as well to receive at the end of the year.

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                      I do now and its pretty cool.

Small school district. They give it to us Thanksgiving week. Helps a ton with kids christmas and use the rest to get ahead on payments.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
                      This is good stuff.

The best bonus we have in the teaching/coaching world is the 2 weeks off. The worst bonus is the 2 weeks off. Man money seems to fly out of my pocket this when that break hits.

Comment

We have been fortunate to give bonuses in both our businesses every year but it is strictly dependent upon profitability as well as effort on the part of the employee...if i see they want to grow and become a team player whatever it takes that makes the difference to me and I feel it is only fair to share in our success with our employees as they are truly our biggest assets and our largest investments....Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and if you are a customer thanks for your business!

Comment

Originally posted by ForEverlast View Post
                          We have been fortunate to give bonuses in both our businesses every year but it is strictly dependent upon profitability as well as effort on the part of the employee...if i see they want to grow and become a team player whatever it takes that makes the difference to me and I feel it is only fair to share in our success with our employees as they are truly our biggest assets and our largest investments....Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and if you are a customer thanks for your business!
                          Was that yall who put the flag pole up? If so absolutely love it!

Comment

Originally posted by TMC50 View Post
                            Was that yall who put the flag pole up? If so absolutely love it!
                            yes sir thank you very much we are making a new entrance right beside it with access of of Highway 90

Comment

Working...
                            X