No announcement yet.

Texas Elk Down- End of an Era

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats! Nice bull and lots of good eating.

Comment

Congrats and thank you for sharing!

Comment

Great story & nice bull!

Comment

Super cool mam, jealous for sure.

Comment

dang heck of a write up and a greater bull! congrats to ya! on to the next adventure

Comment

congrats one heck of an adventure!!

Comment

OLD THREAD******

Patton, was just cruising on Tik Tok and some guy is talking about his favorite counties to hunt and its a video of you calling in elk and maybe was when this thread was going on lol

Comment

Wonderful read. Congratulations!!
                  Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Did you ever share the picture of the mount?

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                      OLD THREAD******

Patton, was just cruising on Tik Tok and some guy is talking about his favorite counties to hunt and its a video of you calling in elk and maybe was when this thread was going on lol
                      Interesting, I’m not on TikTok. The only bull on video I’ve called in in TX is this little guy. There was a much bigger bull on the hillside that was locked up with a cow in the cedar with no way to close the distance. Had no interest in shooting the small bull.

Edit: just reread the OP and I mentioned calling in this little guy.

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
                      Did you ever share the picture of the mount?
                      You’d think the taxidermist would have finished it already on account of it’s been three years. Two weeks ago he openly said he works on “the squeaky wheel or whoever is calling the shop the most, should be done next week though.” I’m not an annoying customer who calls the shop on a regular basis. Frustrating to say the least. Great work, ridiculous wait time. Won’t name the shop, but likely the last business they get from me.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Patton; 11-08-2022, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Nice write up and awesome place to hunt!

Comment

Such a cool hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
                            Interesting, I’m not on TikTok. The only bull on video I’ve called in in TX is this little guy. There was a much bigger bull on the hillside that was locked up with a cow in the cedar with no way to close the distance. Had no interest in shooting the small bull.

Edit: just reread the OP and I mentioned calling in this little guy.

You’d think the taxidermist would have finished it already on account of it’s been three years. Two weeks ago he openly said he works on “the squeaky wheel or whoever is calling the shop the most, should be done next week though.” I’m not an annoying customer who calls the shop on a regular basis. Frustrating to say the least. Great work, ridiculous wait time. Won’t name the shop, but likely the last business they get from me.

Yep. That’s the elk in the video I saw!

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Many congrats! Thanks for sharing your hunt.

Comment

Working...
                                X