Need help... Odd archery items needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help... Odd archery items needed.

I have a set of spears that I use with an atl-atl for presentations to school groups. The spears are 6 ft long, and are basically made from wooden dowels. The metal points are your basic field point, but they are larger than anything I have seen for sale. The dowel is approx as big around as your pincky finger and the point crimps onto the dowel. The feathers are approximately 10 inches long and 2 inches wide.

Anyone know where I can purchase some of the field points and feathers?

Todd

Some Line cutter PDP points will probably work. Go to an archery shop and they will be able to point you in the right direction.

Comment

hrm try a 23/64" tapered field point from a traditional archery supply. you hot glue them on. That's the biggest ones I know of.

Comment

I'd like to see pics! Have you actually hunted with your atl? I've just heard a bit about it and would love to shoot a doc about it or those who 'really want to go TRADITIONAL'!

Comment

Sure, I can get some pictures. The atl-atl is NOT a legal means of taking game in Texas, but I suppose you could hunt hogs with it. I've actually thought about doing that, but I'd mneed a gun as a backup!

Todd

Comment

yes pics would be awsome!

Comment

Here's some links for ya:

The world's foremost atlatl and dart outfitter

Comment

Here's a good source for feathers. You'll need to trim them up a bit though I'd think.

Comment

Working...
                X