Senior Side Hustles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
    My dad makes pretty decent spending cash working on small engines. Lawnmowers,weed eaters, leaf blowers, chainsaws, Chipper's, all sorts. He also rehabs those things too. He hits a couple scrap yards every day and picks up something to fix and flip. It's his hobby..
    This is a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
      You could be a Merkin salesman. Although its kind of a niche market these days.
      Especially the ones made from Mohair(hypo-allergenic)

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
        Especially the ones made from Mohair(hypo-allergenic)
        Mohair, real hair it doesn't matter as long as I get to take the measurements so I can give them a quote.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow! There’s plenty of guys that could do stand up on here for a side gig

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
            There’s gonna be a day of reckoning and some house cleaning when I finish my 30 day free trial of gym workouts!!!

So, you offer a maid service too?

OP, My SNL's father shops garage sales for tools. He's always showing the telling me about the lastest tools he's aquired. And has had some darn good deals! And I've know folks who do that and sell the stuff they buy at flea markets.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
              Wow! There’s plenty of guys that could do stand up on here for a side gig
              Yea, that Chew caracter is full of them.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Comment

cattle

Comment

I haven't been retired long but I highly recommend it. Life is good! Im not looking or needing a job but honestly part of me feels like I still need to be making some money so I'll be watching this thread.

I've been doing a lot of woodworking. Mostly for friends but I've started selling a few things and going to start doing a few of the craft shoes. Thinking I might have to add a stay off my lawn sign to the inventory. Wondering though will I have to pay Burnadell royalties?

I'm definately looking for a part time beach bum or lease loafer job if one comes available!

Comment

I’m ok myself but when you’ve worked all your life it’s just weird to stop and sit back and wait on a check every month.

Comment

I do a bit of predator control/adc work + fur sales, do some bee removals, and do a few line locates per week. Keeps me in a decent truck with enough spendin' money left over to take the grandboys out and watch them grow up in the great out of doors, plus they get to come along on most of my jobs!

Comment

I’m ok myself but when you’ve worked all your life it’s just weird to stop and sit back and wait on a check every month.
                        Exactly!!! Just feel guilty sometimes.

Comment

I’ve still got enough in me to keep going for a couple years at least. I need two partial knee replacements and possibly a cataract removed. Other than that I’m good to go. The knees are what really makes me feel old. Seems like what doesn’t hurt doesn’t work.

Comment

Hey Bruce Ya ever consider being a Gigolo?
                            You only need to connect once? Has to be plenty of blue haired Gran marquis driving ladies out there looking for a man who can bring home the bacon and fry it up in a pan
                            If it is about money, get a job that pays. Don't kill yourself for minimum wage just to stay busy. If it is about killing time...You know there are a million ways you can help yourself and others with that time.
                            You worked your whole life. Don't you think you deserve to take it easy?

Comment

I’m feeling ya Pic and your probably right. There was an ad for a Brazilian Wax Estimator that tweaked my interest!

Comment

I hear ya on that. I stay busy as much as possible, but it was weird feeling at 1st to just be able to sit still. I can't do that, so I find little things to do. I will say it bothers me at times when the wife goes to work. I feel like I ain't carrying my load at times.

My FIL & MIL used to porter cars for a local dealership. They would take cars & trucks to dealers when they made trades.
                                Last edited by DUKFVR; 12-10-2019, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X