Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Lets talk ladder stands/tree stands...for us big boys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As others have said - 2 man ladders - typically 500lb. limit on most.

I’ve used Academy’s Game Winner with no issues, watch for sales & bought for $99.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
      I'm 6'1" and 320#. I used to use a StrongBuilt 15' ladder stand with no problems. It was kind of skinny so I welded some mounts for Harley foot pegs so I could sit more comfortable.
      sweet

Comment

Originally posted by HotRod Hunter View Post
        If you can use a climbing stand Summit Goliath weighs in at just 21 pounds and has a weight limit of 350# . You can hunt as high or low as you’d like and can switch trails or areas very easily. I’m 6’ and around 240 and this stand swallows me. Just be sure to get a nice comfortable safety harness that is rated appropriately

Does the Goliath work good on pine trees?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m 300+ and really liked the Big Game Maxim. I used it for years and was always comfortable. It’s got a nice big platform too, so you don’t feel like your gonna fall out. It is big and heavy though. It takes two people to stand it up for sure.

Comment

Milk you got 2.5+ months to bow season, eat salad. Problem solved. You are welcome! ��

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Not my best example. I thought the stand behind my house was set up like the ones at the lease. This one is just 16d gal nails because it sits on a limb but I think you can get the gist of what I’m referring to with the spikes. The spikes would be just under the bar, driven into the tree a few inches and then bent over the top.

With the strap and the spikes the ladder stand will not fall or even wiggle.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                  Milk you got 2.5+ months to bow season, eat salad. Problem solved. You are welcome! ��
                  This is the kind of negativity we don't need in life! Lol

Comment

I've built a couple out of 11 gauge square tubing that don't have much flex and a large platform for friends. Ratchet strap and two tabs for lag screws to anchor as well. Wish I still had pics.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Anybody looked at these?

I saw these on some hunting show I was watching the other night and had to look them up . Primal tree stands, Sportsman's Guide sells them . I like the concept because I have climbed up too many times to throw the first ratchet strap on and hoped it did not fall over . Price seems to be right , I watched their video on their website and they seem very sturdy .

Comment

I have the Hawk Big Denali 1.5 man stand and love it. I am about 230 and I have plenty of room on each side of me, and the seat is really comfortable.

Sportsman's Guide carries top-quality discount Outdoor and Hunting Gear, Guns, Ammo, Fishing Supplies and more - all at great low prices!

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                          Not my best example. I thought the stand behind my house was set up like the ones at the lease. This one is just 16d gal nails because it sits on a limb but I think you can get the gist of what I’m referring to with the spikes. The spikes would be just under the bar, driven into the tree a few inches and then bent over the top.

With the strap and the spikes the ladder stand will not fall or even wiggle.

Ah, ok. I do get what you are talking about. I think I might even have some of those turf stakes.

I do like the concept. I got a climbing stand that I plan on trying this year. First time trying it hunting and did some practice in the yard. Have to say, I did pucker a couple times on my way up. lol

Thanks

J

Comment

Originally posted by alec73065 View Post
                            I saw these on some hunting show I was watching the other night and had to look them up . Primal tree stands, Sportsman's Guide sells them . I like the concept because I have climbed up too many times to throw the first ratchet strap on and hoped it did not fall over . Price seems to be right , I watched their video on their website and they seem very sturdy .

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/prod...mal+tree+stand
                            Which one are you talking about? Link takes you to several options.

If its the Quad Pod, I am with you. It looks like a good option. Put down some stall mats and would be quite too.

J

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                              I've built a couple out of 11 gauge square tubing that don't have much flex and a large platform for friends. Ratchet strap and two tabs for lag screws to anchor as well. Wish I still had pics.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                              I am about to do this for myself. Mine I am building will be just the ladder and the base. I saw that Hawk stands is running a buy one get one free on the cruzer tree seat so I will be using them for my seats. I figure with them I should be plenty comfortable up in the stand.

It doesn't show them on sale but if you click on it and add it to cart it will add two to your cart. Just in case that might help some of you.

Comment

Where are you located? I’ve got a millennium 150. That works great. Only used it to take to Missouri last year I may end up getting rid of. It’s in Normangee but I travel between there and sugar land monthly

Comment

Working...
                                X