No announcement yet.

Second rut is here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So fawns that were born in May would reach the "weight" criteria, being in SETx, nutrition isn't a problem, nutrition criteria met. Population is under for carrying capacity of the property, population criteria met.

So as in some many other subject matter concerning the Whitetail, nothing is clear cut, even something as simple as a menstrual cycle. I have no problem with any of it. Hey my JR come in heat at 6-8 months so why cant a fawn?

Comment

A couple years ago, I heard a deer blowing and running towards me. A small doe, not much bigger than a lab (didn't get her age or weight), came busting through the woods running like her arse was on fire and her head was catching. Right behind her were 2 good sized bucks. Not sure if they ever caught her, but she had fear in her eyes and the bucks had "love" in theirs.

Comment

Starting this last Friday in Bandera all the big boys in the neighborhood starting hounding a handful of does again. Hot doe would suck into a cedar and 4 or 5 bucks would end up coming in down wind of her before the dominant buck would run them off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X