200 Inch Plus Bucks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
    We have another winner! My wife's facebook feed is gonna cost me some serious coin in the next year or two if she don't get a good buck at our lease lol.
    I had to deal with this exact thing this year!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
      I've turned this exact opportunity down. I had agreed to go to a STX LF place and shoot a trophy deer (150-170). They had some issues and said that we'd be going to a new place but with bigger deer. The new place was 2400 HF and we'd be shooting 200+. I told them I appreciated the opportunity, but I think someone would appreciate it more. I have nothing against going, and I actually would have gone but I was missing a trip to my personal lease to got to this hunt. I didn't want to pass up my chance at a 130" trophy on my lease to go on this hunt.
      Was this last year? I had the exact same thing happen to me. Curious if it was the same place/guy.

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
        I had to deal with this exact thing this year!

I remember your thread lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Make 150s great again! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
            Make 150s great again! Lol

I'd be thrilled If 130's were great again
            But that would require going back to the dark ages of the early 90's

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
              HF is not hunting. I don't care how big your pen is. It is shooting. Period.

https://www.boone-crockett.org/about...5080&se=1&te=1
              BS. If you haven't ever been behind a 30000 acre perimeter fence only ranch and hunted it you don't know what your talking about for reference that is 46 sq miles of dirt for those deer to run around on. 80% of that deer herd doesn't even know what a fence looks like.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                BS. If you haven't ever been behind a 30000 acre perimeter fence only ranch and hunted it you don't know what your talking about for reference that is 46 sq miles of dirt for those deer to run around on. 80% of that deer herd doesn't even know what a fence looks like.

Stop, just stop already. What % of HF ranches are 30,000 acres? We all know most are far less than 5k acres... I have no idea what the average is but my bet would be below 1k acres.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                  On another note....
                  I am a member of a big high fence place in East Texas and the other fellows are for sure enough trophy hunters. They are hard after the great big ones and don't give a hoot about the smaller ones that the biologist wants taken off or spending the time to clean does.
                  This is the perfect place for my grandson and I to hunt. We have almost unlimited tags and have some great times killing deer the other folks care nothing about.
                  [ATTACH]983422[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]983423[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]983424[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]983425[/ATTACH]
                  I would love to find a place like this for me and my kids!

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Comment

200 Inch Plus Bucks?

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post

Out of curiosity what’s the purpose of high fencing it? Why not just use a regular 4 strand barb wire fence?

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                      Out of curiosity what’s the purpose of high fencing it? Why not just use a regular 4 strand barb wire fence?

Maybe 5 strand to make it harder for them to crawl under?

Comment

Originally posted by Hunteraudit View Post
                        You’re numb to it because you see too much of it. See less of it... delete Facebook.
                        I could name 5 other places I see them daily. Facebook was an example. But don't think I haven't thought about it.

Comment

Hunters can have such egos.

I just like hunting.

A lot of folks use "their type of hunting" as a way to demean others. Like public land hunters are better, low fence is better than high fence, native is better than enhanced genetic or released deer, trad is better than compound, bowhunters are better than gun hunters...it goes on and on. Stop it. It makes you look like an elitist judgy db.

If it's legal, ethical, and brings someone joy, it's not your place to tell them their way is wrong, especially if you have not participated in nor have any experience with that method of hunting. If you've never hunted for a particular mature buck on a a large high fence ranch, stay in your lane.

That said, I do have a special admiration for native giants but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate a 200" non-native deer. I won't turn down the opportunity to hunt one...especially if he was born on the ranch "in the wild."

Comment

Not everyone has the free time or money to spend growing big deer on low fence or high fence pastures. Some people want a 300" for their office wall and that is fine. Not my cup of tea but I don't look down on them either.

We were completely native from 2004 to 2014. We grew some good deer during that time. We bought some bred does and have changed our deer herd. That has taken 7 years to get to the point of hunting mature deer. There is no "put and shoot" there. It has taken the same amount of time, money and effort to allow those deer to reach 6.5 years of age.....the only difference is, they have bigger racks now then they used to.

I totally agree about people with pens full of stocker bucks that they turn out right before the season and hunt them. But changing the genetic make up of the herd is not necessarily a bad thing. Some places just don't have the ability to grow big deer.

As long as people are enjoying the outdoors and hunting/shooting, who really cares??

Comment

Yes - the Insta & FB bucks just keep getting bigger.

The top of the mountain for me would be killing a low fence 170'', on my own terms - not on a paid hunt w/ a guide sitting next to me.

I'm still trying to make that happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                                Hunters can have such egos.

I just like hunting.

A lot of folks use "their type of hunting" as a way to demean others. Like public land hunters are better, low fence is better than high fence, native is better than enhanced genetic or released deer, trad is better than compound, bowhunters are better than gun hunters...it goes on and on. Stop it. It makes you look like an elitist judgy db.

If it's legal, ethical, and brings someone joy, it's not your place to tell them their way is wrong, especially if you have not participated in nor have any experience with that method of hunting. If you've never hunted for a particular mature buck on a a large high fence ranch, stay in your lane.

That said, I do have a special admiration for native giants but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate a 200" non-native deer. I won't turn down the opportunity to hunt one...especially if he was born on the ranch "in the wild."
                                Mostly correct IMO

Except I don't recall anyone demeaning anyone. Isn't a HF hunter posting pictures of a huge buck and not saying it was shot behind HF demeaning LF hunters? Why is it sooo bad to clarify when a big buck was shot behind a HF?

You think any bass fishermen would care if I started selling 20 pound largemouth all over the place so just anyone could post pictures and we'd have 10,000 more guys with sharelunkers? Of course they would care because it diminishes what they've done in the past.

I didn't see anyone bashing anyone for hunting HF. Just because people say it's not something they would do doesn't mean they're jealous or demeaning anyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X