Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2020 Official Astros - Off Season thread

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
    For sure it’s way worse for the Astros.... and league wide if we are being honest. I mean you can take it how ever you want with his political answer. If you want the Astros to look bad, you insinuate buzzers with his non answer. If you are a fan him saying what he said was a solid answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t want the Astros to look bad, but they look awful....that’s just the reality of it. Bregman sounded guilty as heel too, but he’s an idiot so...

Jose Altuve is one of my favorite players of the last 15 years, if you can’t look at that ridiculous video of him telling them not to rip off his jersey, then sprinting down the tunnel after what had just happened...and know what was going on...you are DELUSIONAL! He’s dirtier as hell.

Beltran should be banned from baseball yesterday, Cora too.

Comment

2020 Official Astros - Off Season thread

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
      Everything was investigated through last years WS’s and they said it stopped early in 2018, but you are a rangers fan.. so I’m guessing we will still be using the buzzers next year and in every win in the future against them [emoji6]

I guess we’ll see if it really stopped ...watching this year.

Comment

I keep scratching my head wondering where all the virtiol was in Sept 2017 when the Yanks and Sox were both punished for using technology to steal signs that season. It was simply a ho hum moment and quickly set aside. But the Astros used technology to steal signs and all the sudden everyone has a problem with it being unethical, going against baseball code.

On a different note, if anyone other than the Yanks or Dodgers wins the WS I'll be shocked. Order has been restored to the rightful owners of the MLB.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
          I keep scratching my head wondering where all the virtiol was in Sept 2017 when the Yanks and Sox were both punished for using technology to steal signs that season. It was simply a ho hum moment and quickly set aside. But the Astros used technology to steal signs and all the sudden everyone has a problem with it being unethical, going against baseball code.

On a different note, if anyone other than the Yanks or Dodgers wins the WS I'll be shocked. Order has been restored to the rightful owners of the MLB.
          Richard, you are way to smart a man to keep falling back on this "they did it too" defense. I don't know what level of evidence they had back then, I don't know how credible their information was, or how deep the conspiracy ran. I hate both of those clubs, and I'd as soon they take away every win for the past 5 years, but that's not an excuse.

It's obvious here that the stros were going next level with this thing. There's only one reason all those players jumped on that immunity deal like they did, and that's why MLB was able to get the info they were on this deal so quickly. There's a reason Crane moved as swiftly as he did with Hinch and Luhnow, especially Luhnow. I don't like this look for the stros at all, but this thing clearly runs very deep in that franchise, and they need to pay for it.

I believe the players themselves need to pay for it, but MLB already already screwed the pooch there.

Comment

Yep.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              Richard, you are way to smart a man to keep falling back on this "they did it too" defense.
              Im not providing any "defense" for what they did. The did it and have take their medicine as I have said more than once. It just ****** me off it wasnt a big deal when the Blue Bloods did it. Im not referring to people on this thread but the powers that be in MLB and in the national media. I listen to MLB radio nearly everyday and the constant droning on over what the Astros did is over the top imo. The Sox are under investigation, AGAIN, and there is rarely a mention of it. I still say the Sox cheating will be swept aside and it will all be laid at the feet of the Astros. Double standards everywhere these days. Cant stand it. What is good for one cheater is good for the others.

And yes this whole thing hits me in the heart because this has been my team for life. They still will be but man it is hard to take.

Comment

Have the Red Sox been punished yet for being repeat offenders?? I keep checking the headlines to see when Manfred is going to honor his word of punishing everyone equally...

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
                  Have the Red Sox been punished yet for being repeat offenders?? I keep checking the headlines to see when Manfred is going to honor his word of punishing everyone equally...
                  No. There was a leaked story a few days ago that said the investigation turned up very little instances of cheating and the punishment would be much lighter than handed down to the Astros. The story came from the Boston media but it wouldnt surprise me one bit if that is how it plays out. Where's my shocked face?

You know Cora, one of the architects and ramrods of the Astros demise, suddenly found some clarity when he arrived to lead the Sox to the World Series and eshewed those tactices.

Comment

It's the Red Sox and Yankees. Nothing is going to happen. Back in the day SMU got the death penalty. Did they do anything that, you guys fill in the blank with whatever successful big time football program you don't like, wasn't doing? No. But SMU was expendable.

I know it's different. But it's the same. The Astro's are expendable. Red Sox and Yankees, not so much. It's called 'the way it is'.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                      It's the Red Sox and Yankees. Nothing is going to happen. Back in the day SMU got the death penalty. Did they do anything that, you guys fill in the blank with whatever successful big time football program you don't like, wasn't doing? No. But SMU was expendable.

I know it's different. But it's the same. The Astro's are expendable. Red Sox and Yankees, not so much. It's called 'the way it is'.
                      Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post

Nail meet hammer.

Comment

Houston Astros owner Jim Crane, new manager Dusty Baker and players Jose Altuve and Alex Bregman addressed the media Thursday about the team's sign-stealing scandal that dominated headlines this offseason...

Players apologize for sign stealing.

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
                            Nope. Its all fishy

Comment

That Washington Post article is pretty eye-opening.

Boy Crane botched that apology.... Basically let's sweep it under the carpet (didn't impact the game) and lets move on.

Comment

Whoever they hired to coach them through that did a terrible job. They should have whole heartedly apologized for 2017 and left it at that. Mentioning 2020 by all of them was a mistake in my opinion. I thought Dusty's words were the best and you could hear the sorrow in Altuve's voice. Crane and Bregman didnt do so well. Saying Im sorry now let's go focus on winning a championship isnt what the non Houston folks want to hear. Especially those media folks from the East and West coasts.

Comment

Working...
                                X