X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oktx View Post
    If Burrow hadn’t thrown 7 TD’s OU would have beat LSU’s ***!😂😂😂
    Plus you had key players out or ejected.

Comment

2019 College Football - Bowl Season Bickerin'

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
      Texas lost the game. They had some chances. The bounces didn't go their way.

No moral victories. It was a loss.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Not claiming a moral victory, just using it to show that Texas played with the top team in the country this year. They aren’t as far away as the doom and gloom of the 2019 season appears is my point. Hopefully the new hires is what Texas needs to turn the corner. It was a very up and down season for Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
        Not claiming a moral victory, just using it to show that Texas played with the top team in the country this year. They aren’t as far away as the doom and gloom of the 2019 season appears is my point. Hopefully the new hires is what Texas needs to turn the corner. It was a very up and down season for Texas.
        I wasn't referring to you.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
          You need to re-watch that game. Never once did I feel like Texas had a chance to win that game. Dropped or missed passes down count. Yes the score was close, but only because the LSU defense was sitting on their hands.
          I'd say you should do the same, 3rd and 17 (Orlando dumbass play call) and a dropped TD by Ingram not to mention an onside kick recovery from continuation. It was a great game, but it was in no way dominated by LSU, lol. They lit up each others defenses. The never in doubt view is freaking hilarious.

It's a loss, on to 2020.

Comment

I would recommend you do the same if that’s your take.

Coach O even said it. If Texas gets that stop on 3rd and 17th, LSU couldn’t stop Texas from scoring. I know it was a ways back and you probably don’t want to admit it but Texas was in that ball game.
            I was more worried about Vandy coming back.

Yes, it was fun game to watch but I didn't feel like it was going to tilt Texas way. BTW, the 3rd and 17 was a catch by the receiver. Not a drop to loose the game. Big difference.

Trust me, for the Great State of Texas I hope the Big 12 gets back to the glory days. I miss those days when we aren't talking about "what ifs".

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
              I was more worried about Vandy coming back.

Yes, it was fun game to watch but I didn't feel like it was going to tilt Texas way. BTW, the 3rd and 17 was a catch by the receiver. Not a drop to loose the game. Big difference.

Trust me, for the Great State of Texas I hope the Big 12 gets back to the glory days. I miss those days when we aren't talking about "what ifs".
              The 3rd and 17 was an all out blitz with players out of position called by the DC instead of keeping everything in front of them, it was stupid. It's not a what if, it was third and freaking 17.

They had bone head play calls like this all season long
              Last edited by Chad C; 01-02-2020, 09:04 AM.

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCNnvXUMxMc&feature=onebox"]Texas vs. LSU Football Highlights - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                  The 3rd and 17 was an all out blitz with players out of position called by the DC instead of keeping everything in front of them, it was stupid. It's not a what if, it was third and freaking 17.

They had bone head play calls like this all season long
                  Same on LSU, the corners were out of position all game giving up three TD's. Still a great game.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                    The University of Texas beat the hell out of #11. aggy squeaked by okie lite...

Not so sure Okie Lite wouldn’t beat Utah. Once you get past about the #10 ranking it doesn’t matter, actually probably past #4. It’s just a bunch of teams. Texas is 8-5 and the Aggies are 8-5. I think both teams have a lot of incoming talent and both will become relevant the next few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
                      Not so sure Okie Lite wouldn’t beat Utah. Once you get past about the #10 ranking it doesn’t matter, actually probably past #4. It’s just a bunch of teams. Texas is 8-5 and the Aggies are 8-5. I think both teams have a lot of incoming talent and both will become relevant the next few years.

Maybe if they would have had their QB1 (going to be a problem for teams in Big 12 going forward) or their all confidence WR (who’s coming back vs going pro) and all conference safety then OSU might have a chance to beat Utah in the bowl game. [emoji1]

Comment

Yep, a wasted opportunity by Texas this year. They beat a 11 win Utah, a 10 win La Tech, 8 win K-State, and a 8 win OSU. They were a 3rd and 17th (and wide open dropped TD) away from beating unstoppable LSU. The Big 12 was a solid league throughout this year, just no dominate teams. There was a lot of parity so you can get beat each and every week.

They had the talent, played really well at times but **** the bed all to often. They have identified the issues and have corrected. If they picked the right coordinators then this team has a chance to get back to the Big 12 Championship game and a contender for the playoff.
                        Kansas fans are probably thinking they were a last second field goal from being as good as a Texas team that is as great as LSU. It appeared that LSUs defense improved over the season though.

Herman has proved he can win bowl games and big games. Can he do it over an entire season?

Comment

I would recommend you do the same if that’s your take.

Coach O even said it. If Texas gets that stop on 3rd and 17th, LSU couldn’t stop Texas from scoring. I know it was a ways back and you probably don’t want to admit it but Texas was in that ball game.
                          I agree with your take on this. It was week 2. LSU defense just floated along through the first half of the season. It was not until the stretch of SEC games did they start build some steam. The final 7 games is when they got to where they are now. In my opinion, if LSU and UT met today, the outcome would be much different. Not as bad as the whipping on A&M but not nearly as contested as week 2.

Comment

Maybe if they would have had their QB1 (going to be a problem for teams in Big 12 going forward) or their all confidence WR (who’s coming back vs going pro) and all conference safety then OSU might have a chance to beat Utah in the bowl game. [emoji1]
                            Same freshmen qb that threw 2 picks against longhorns?

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
                              Kansas fans are probably thinking they were a last second field goal from being as good as a Texas team that is as great as LSU. It appeared that LSUs defense improved over the season though.

Herman has proved he can win bowl games and big games. Can he do it over an entire season?

You can use transitive property if you like. I prefer not to in college football. Kansas probably looks to the Texas game and had hope they are closer to being good than further away.

Agreed, it has been well documented that Herman allows his teams to play to the level of his competition.....up and down. It’s one of my biggest complaints with Herman.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                The Dallas Stars are hosting the Nashville Predators right now in front of 85,000 in a sold out Cotton Bowl. It’s something to see even if you aren’t a hockey fan.

It was great except for the long lines. Second largest crowd ever for a winter classic.

Comment

Working...
                                X