Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a little tidbit about the “upcoming” Suga Bow!!

Here are the Georgia players that have decided to sit out the Sugar Bowl:

Starting LT
    Starting RT
    No. 1 WR
    No. 3 WR
    No. 5 WR
    No. 1 RB
    No. 2 RB
    Starting DE
    Starting FS
    Starting DB/STAR

Baylor sit outs:

None

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
      Y'all already have your excuse lined up for next year?

Sr. QB in the same system for 3 years. With that schedule next year, many will be talking "heismond" until late November.
      Psssssssha.....have you seen this knucklehead play? I don’t think 8 more years would help this kid. Aggie hate all you want, I’ve no problem with that, but at least acknowledge the guy is a liability to winning games.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
        We played them at Georgia in a game that mattered, at full strength, with Mond.
        Can we apply that logic to your win against OSU in the Texas bowl? So UT's win against OSU was better because the game mattered and they were at full strength?

Comment

Psssssssha.....have you seen this knucklehead play? I don’t think 8 more years would help this kid. Aggie hate all you want, I’ve no problem with that, but at least acknowledge the guy is a liability to winning games.
          He's the best you got.

Comment

I don't hate on aggy. I just find it funny how often your narrative/excuses change. Glad to see y'all have 2020 excuse lined up. With that schedule, you shouldn't need it. But as I was pointing out you claim schedule strength matters but then look at 2020 and that no longer holds.

I am glad that we have Sam over Mond. Mond could be a serviceable QB if they used his skill set more. To me, he's better when running or rolling out to pass. He's not a pocket QB that they keep trying to make him be. He seems to do better when playing from behind because he has more RPO opportunities. Or at least that's my opinion from watching the end of a few games.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
              Y'all already have your excuse lined up for next year?

Sr. QB in the same system for 3 years. With that schedule next year, many will be talking "heismond" until late November.
              If that is what you want to call it, then yes! Have you seen him play??? As Heath pointed out years ago, Mond was like a 60% passer in HS. You can't teach accuracy. I believe the team will improve and will be better next year. The schedule is certainly more favorable. However, the person steering the ship is the same (for now). Personally, I am more open to giving a true freshman the reins and letting him learn on the fly than to see Mond stink it up for another year. Would the results be any different between Mond and a freshmen? Maybe not, but at least the freshmen will get experience and hopefully have more upside. Mond has reached his pentacle IMO.

Comment

I will acknowledge it.... He is terrible. But, I don't think Mond himself realizes he has issues. If I was Jimbo I would be looking hard for a decent transfer portal guy.

Comment

Starting LT
                  Starting RT
                  No. 1 WR
                  No. 3 WR
                  No. 5 WR
                  No. 1 RB
                  No. 2 RB
                  Starting DE
                  Starting FS
                  Starting DB/STAR

Baylor sit outs:

None
                  Here's hoping that Kirby Vacuum Co. gets ear holed

"again"

Comment

FTR - 1 fired up 19 yo QBs and 1 announcer claimed Texas was back. No shirts, cups or rings. Hardly even repeated and certainly not on this forum.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                      I will acknowledge it.... He is terrible. But, I don't think Mond himself realizes he has issues. If I was Jimbo I would be looking hard for a decent transfer portal guy.
                      If they dont have a better option in Jimbos 3rd year, I would put that one on him.

Comment

The more concerning issue is how can no other Aggie qb beat him out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Birddog66 View Post
                          If they dont have a better option in Jimbos 3rd year, I would put that one on him.

I've had this discussion with a few friends. Are the other guys just as bad or worse? Is he truly the best option? Is this Jimbo's MO and he wants to establish that this is how he is going to work QB's? Giving each the chance to grow in the system before becoming the starter?

I suspect Mond looks great in practice. I really do. I bet he makes reads, works through his progressions and remains calm. However, when the lights turn on he becomes a deer in the headlights, does not process the information and panics. IMO, that's why so often when walking to the sidelines Jimbo is looking at him with almost utter disbelief...

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                            The more concerning issue is how can no other Aggie qb beat him out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            True dat! Tampa Bay is a about to rid themselves of crab legs. Maybe he will enter the portal

Comment

Starting LT
                              Starting RT
                              No. 1 WR
                              No. 3 WR
                              No. 5 WR
                              No. 1 RB
                              No. 2 RB
                              Starting DE
                              Starting FS
                              Starting DB/STAR

Baylor sit outs:

None
                              Same deal as last year. Georgia has no desire to be there and play a weak Big 12 team.

Comment

Nah..... Brent. It's the den of the Bayou Bengals baw!
                                We comin'!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X