• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stickbow View Post
    insurance industry owns both sides of the isle, all snakes
    no comment!

Comment

This was just passed and was needed. We should not profit in any way from an insurance loss. Fraud causes higher underwriting losses. Which causes higher premiums.
      June 22, 2019The Problem: Waiving insurance policy deductibles (“you scratch my back and I’ll scratch yours”) has been common place in Texas since 1989 and came about

Comment

I took a small hiatus several years back from my healthcare career to do some business with my best friend who owns a roofing company. Took an adjusters class, learned how to measure, etc. He is one of the good ones that AtFullDraw talks about, in fact, he is still in business today and has 5-star reviews. It was definitely a learning experience for me... we were a "preferred contractor" with several insurance companies, and often recommended by agents to their clients. I tried hard to educate the homeowner, sometimes it worked.... sometimes it didn't. I ran into plenty of homeowners that wanted me to bake the claim and split pocket money, pay deductibles, etc. I also had a catastrophe team adjuster that was too old and fat to get on a ladder, so he offered to pay me a "ladder assist fee" to get on the roof, with his camera, measure and put the claim in xactamate… and in turn he offered to recommend me to the homeowner.... I never baked a claim, I never took a ladder fee... and I was out of that business almost as quickly as I got in it because of the unethical behavior or homeowners, insurance adjusters and other roofers.
        Point is... there are good and bad on both sides of the fence. Do your due diligence, figure out what you need from the contractor, determine the level of trust you feel comfortable giving, and move from there.

Comment

Listen to the roofer. As a roofer myself our interest align, having him present for the inspection will only help both of y’all. They will probably work directly off the insurance adjustment which is the way most of us do it. If you have any thoughts of pocketing money from the claim that is insurance fraud and any roofing company’s will report it if they find out that’s what you are doing. (Not saying that is your plan, just putting it out there” listen to the roofer, pay your deductible and hire the most qualified roofer you can.

Comment

Working...
          X