No announcement yet.

How long on processing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they do it in under a week your not getting your meat back or they don’t take many in. There mixing your meat and just filling orders with the mixture.

Comment

Originally posted by hogmess View Post
      If they do it in under a week your not getting your meat back or they don’t take many in. There mixing your meat and just filling orders with the mixture.
      ^^^^^^^This. lol. Would not trust this or how good they are. Not saying time makes a place good, but how much traffic does.

J

Comment

Early in MLD about 10 days
        I would normally take one in and get sausage, buck sticks, and back strap keep it in a box in my ranch freezer and send my hunters back home with a box and then bring another one in and repeat till I had 3-4 ready when lots of clients where coming down ( trick I learned doing a multi hunter elk hunt in Colorado ) hunt , eat , kill a deer drink , leave for home with your already processed meat good way to do nilgai hunts to
        End of MLD processing is usually fast as they want to shut down the walk in freezer

Comment

6 Weeks @ Herringtons in Winnie

Comment

I've never had mine take over 7 days.

Comment

3 wks is normal at Hudson's in Austin.

Comment

I got mine within a week

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                  About three weeks for mine.
                  Same here

Comment

Mine was seven days in Sanger.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterSanders View Post
                      6 Weeks @ Herringtons in Winnie
                      They just don’t like you

Comment

Originally posted by HotRod Hunter View Post
                        I got mine within a week
                        This, mine were done in 4 days this year...

Comment

About two weeks on processing and no longer than 5 months on mounts.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRanger View Post
                            They just don’t like you
                            They charge me $5 tho, said they'd get the rest of their money from some worn out old ranger.

Comment

Time to process has nothing to do with getting your deer or someone else's. I used to process and we always gave the customer the deer they brought in. If slow the dear hung in the trailer a day then processed, if busy they got out in less than a week. Those busy times made for some loooooong days.
                              I've heard processors brag about "getting ahead of the rush" they had a deer processed before the season started and did gave the hunter the already processed meat and let the practice continue.
                              This was in Mason so the locals knew who did what. I worked after my regular job and sometimes worked 60 hours a week, this did make for a good Christmas as the wife waited tables during the season. I'm glad we moved and got careers, but do miss the town and some of the people.

Comment

Originally posted by masonred View Post
                                Time to process has nothing to do with getting your deer or someone else's. I used to process and we always gave the customer the deer they brought in. If slow the dear hung in the trailer a day then processed, if busy they got out in less than a week. Those busy times made for some loooooong days.
                                I've heard processors brag about "getting ahead of the rush" they had a deer processed before the season started and did gave the hunter the already processed meat and let the practice continue.
                                This was in Mason so the locals knew who did what. I worked after my regular job and sometimes worked 60 hours a week, this did make for a good Christmas as the wife waited tables during the season. I'm glad we moved and got careers, but do miss the town and some of the people.
                                No way a busy shop is giving your meat back in less than a week. I own my own shop and it takes us several weeks to get everything finished. Sausage takes time. When I say we do them individually I 100% guarantee your getting your meat back. These places that are giving a processed deer back in 3-4 days are making tons of sausage ahead of time and just filling orders as they go. I worked in two different shops like that growing up. Unless they are only taking in a few deer a week then maybe they can get your deer back that quick.

Comment

Working...
                                X