Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ford F150 Ecoboost 4x4? Talk me out of it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And now it’s a pizzing contest lol. It never fails. We love our trucks. At least nobody came in throwing the Nissan full-size in here.[emoji2361]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

been a good thread. I am looking for a new ride soon. Not sure how much longer I can run on engine & tranny only in my old dodge 5.9

Comment

I am watching the cowboys. I need a new truck to run over myself with! Man they are hot garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
          I am watching the cowboys. I need a new truck to run over myself with! Man they are hot garbage.

It’s disgusting how bad we are right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I researched for a year before I purchased. I was not brand loyal. The 18 F150 offered the bigger cab space. Ac vents in the rear seat. The V8 was my choice just because I was concerned long term on maintenance/repairs on the turbo. 10 spd trans is a game changer. I have not been disappointed. Mileage has been better than my 4 cylinder Tacoma.

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

Ill throw mine in. I have 2006 Dodge 1 ton with 230k miles that I have replaced pretty much everything but the engine. AC, front end, rear end, front and rear drive shafts, tranny, radiator ect. The interior still looks and functions new. (I take care of my stuff). In September I added a 2019 F150 FX4 with the 5.0. Now my Dodge only gets driven to the deer lease or hauling a trailer. I really enjoy the F150. It reads 19-20 mpg, but hand calc is closer to 18. I drove Chevy, Dodge, and Ford before buying and the Ford was a easy choice.

Comment

I have had nothing but good luck with my 4x4 Ecoboost Fords. Good mileage, rides good and I abuse them more than anyone I know. Lion hunting in the mountains puts trucks places where they should not go. Only problems I have had with any of them is throttle body assemblies.
                Adios,
                Gary

Comment

Had 3 different F150 4x4’s with the 5.0 V8 and they’ve all been great. No issues and pulls a 21ft bass boat very well.

Comment

I am interested in these trucks at 200,000 miles and longevity.

Comment

I just sold my 2008 Ford F150 FX4 last month and was on the market for another truck. I looked at the new Ram and it is nicer but couldn't get it lower than 43K on the Laramie Edition 4x4. Ford was a little more expensive if you want the F150 Lariat but if you want the STX or XLT I think 34K was the lowest for a 2019 Model. What I saw is that Ford would retain the value better than the Ram. I saw some used 2017 and 2018 Ford F150 Lariat for 32k to 38k and some Ram Laramie 2019 used for 38K. I ended up buying a 2017 Ford F150 Lariat fully loaded with the 3.5 ecoboost engine.

Comment

I think it's funny how people are still concerned about the turbos and reliability. The ecoboost has been out since 2011. I bought a 2012 f150 3.5 new in 2012 and put 100,000 miles on it with only an exhaust cat needing to be replaced. I sold it this year to buy my dad's 2013 f150 with 3.5. His had 60,000 miles with no problems. I tow boats, travel trailers, utility trailers and other stuff quite a bit. They do drink the gas when working hard, but I've never thought to myself '' gee I wish I had more power''. If an f150 ecoboost won't handle the load, you need a 3/4 ton.

Comment

Originally posted by FireNguns View Post
                          Y’all are getting better mpg out of the ecoboosts 4x4 than I have heard. I thought they only got around 17average.
                          I have an F150 with 5.0 and average about 13.5 but have 35” tires.
                          Exact same here. I get about 9-10 mpg pulling my trailer to the lease.

Comment

What are you going to do with the Duramax?

Comment

Originally posted by Eastwood View Post
                              I think it's funny how people are still concerned about the turbos and reliability. The ecoboost has been out since 2011. I bought a 2012 f150 3.5 new in 2012 and put 100,000 miles on it with only an exhaust cat needing to be replaced. I sold it this year to buy my dad's 2013 f150 with 3.5. His had 60,000 miles with no problems. I tow boats, travel trailers, utility trailers and other stuff quite a bit. They do drink the gas when working hard, but I've never thought to myself '' gee I wish I had more power''. If an f150 ecoboost won't handle the load, you need a 3/4 ton.
                              Well, I "previously" owned a 2013 Eco F150 King Ranch and after MANY problems got rid of it after TWO Ford Mechanics told me they had seen engines replaced less than 150K miles?

Granted, I may have just had ONE of those, but after too much $$ in repair bills I bolted. In all fairness, the new models seem to have got all the kinks out from what I'm told. At least for me, this engine WAS a problem but when the engine light would stay off and the loss of power was solved until it happened again, all the power I needed.

I also towed a 16' tandem axel with a full size crew and the MPG averaged around 8mpg. But, being fair again, that was at interstate speed of 75mph and it performed.

Miss that truck but I love our 5.7 Tundra in the 1794 Edition which competes with the King Ranch interior. They ALL will have eventual problems but at my age I want the least amount I can drive.

Comment

I have driven F-150’s as work trucks for the past 10 years and they have all been great. My personal truck is a Tundra and fuel economy is absolutely horrible. If I didn’t mind doubling down on my truck note I’d trade it in on a F-150 in a heartbeat. Current work truck is a 16 with the 3.5 4x4 with 67,000 miles no problems at all. I haul two dingo 1000’s pretty routinely, pulls it not problem.

One thing to remember on my fords is that they don’t have trailer brake modules on the trucks stock unless that’s a better towing package that ours didn’t come with. So that’s what will kill you on the braking. Even our 2018 F250 didn’t come with a trailer brake module stock.

Comment

Working...
                                X