Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your bowhunting workout routine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome ideas guys.

The stair master and inclined treadmill are definitely in the plan, along with hiking the trails at lake grapevine and lake texoma with weighted packs.

For the weighted pack, I am thinking bags of sand would be a good cheap solution.

I have hiked this area with day packs several summers in a row, with no conditioning issues. (3 liters of water and lunch for 3) I figure it would be a different story with a 5-10 day pack and/or meat to pack out, so closing the gap on that is really my main concern.

Also, I am going to do a lot of shoulder stabilization and strengthening stuff as I push the bow weight back up to 70lbs for the first time since I tore my shoulder 2.5 years ago. I really have babies it ever since and I can tell it has gotten much weaker than it used to be. I am comfortably drawing 60 right now, but overall stability is not where I want it to be. Too much pin float for my liking, and I think it comes from the weakness in my shoulders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I ride a bike 100+ miles a week year round and the last 6 weeks before I go I do a program called 100 pushups.com and start carrying a pack up and down the hills of a mountain bike trails in my area or the stairs at the football field.

Comment

Working...
      X