No announcement yet.

Snuff made me sick!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump for ZYN #3’s, I would say more addicting than regular snuff fo some reason. Prob because I don’t have to spit and easy to hide.

Comment

My brother and I were mowing the yard one summer and it was about 100 degrees, he stopped and got him a bid pinch of Copenhagen Wintergreen I think. It smelled really good and I ask him how he could dip when it was so hot. He said it was real refreshing and I should try it. Never smoked or dipped so I was apprehensive abut trying it. He said it’s really refreshing especially if you swallow every time you feel you need to spit. Well I got me a big pinch and kept mowing and started swallowing as I went along. I started getting dizzy and started throwing up. I was sick for 2 days. He was laughing his butt off and said remember when you gave me Serrano peppers and said they tasted like bell peppers and were not hot. Payback time!

Comment

Lol, this took me back to my freshman year in high school

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
          It used to make me feel kinda like that. When I was about 14 I spit in the sink and almost got caught so I got the bright idea to start putting a dip in when I got in the shower when I was at the house. My mouth got all dry one time so I thought "I'm gonna take me a drink from the shower nozzle." So I tried it,instantly that water hit that dip of Skoal and washed it down my throat. I started gaggin,snot was coming out of my nose,my throat burned and I couldn't get anything to come up. I drank about a half gallon of water before I finally got all that chew down. I couldn't even smell Wintergreen for a long time.

I started off with this stuff called Rooster. That was some powerful Wintergreen. You talk about feeling green around the gills. But I finally got over that. The only time I feel like that now is if I don't have nowhere to spit. If you swallow enough of that junk you'll start sweatin like a son of a gun and you'll start thinking about things like.....where can I blow chunks?

I know a guy that never spits when he's chewing. I've even seen him eat with chew in his mouth. I like chewing as much as the next guy but dang that's nasty. I can't do that. If I did it I'd be heaving so hard I'd have chunks blowing out both ends.

I chew redman , I eat and drink with a chew in .

Comment

Originally posted by em12 View Post
            I’m on day 8 with zyn, Copenhagen long cut a can a day for 15 years or so. Not the same mouth feel but gives me the nicotine I need. Feels odd not to be attached to a spitter..... wife’s happy and doesn’t cause cancer. My real thing was how can I tell my two boys that they shouldn’t dip when their older if I do.....

Good luck. For cigs I’d try the zyn 3 mg.... should take the irritability edge off.
            Yes, started with 6mg now down to 3mg. Told Dr. what I was doing he said do it.

Comment

Buy some gum...

I've quit both twice. Snuff way worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've quit for several years and always seem to go back. I have no plans to quit again, life is just better with Copenhagen. Good luck to you if you're trying to quit.

Comment

I often wondered about giving up one vice for another. Doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.

I gave up Copenhagen 8 years ago and don’t regret it for a minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Astroworld freshman year of HS...
                    BBQ sandwich, Ice cream cone, big fatty of Skoal wintergreen, roller coaster.....in that order.

It wasn’t pretty

Comment

Working...
                    X