Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
    No burglar alarm?
    Burglar alarms are nothing more than a audible deterrent. Most thieves know when they trip an alarm, there wont be a police response for 5-infinity minutes. A team of thieves can do alot of work in 5 minutes.. ie, stats show most bank robberies are done within 90 seconds from pulling into driveway to leaving.

Cameras are great, to an extent. Cheap, clear, good operating system... pick 2. For you business owners, INVEST in a solid camera system..

#1 deterrent from burgs is a barking dog. Get a loud, obnoxious dog that barks at the sound of a pin drop.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
      Burglar alarms are nothing more than a audible deterrent. Most thieves know when they trip an alarm, there wont be a police response for 5-infinity minutes. A team of thieves can do alot of work in 5 minutes.. ie, stats show most bank robberies are done within 90 seconds from pulling into driveway to leaving.

Cameras are great, to an extent. Cheap, clear, good operating system... pick 2. For you business owners, INVEST in a solid camera system..

#1 deterrent from burgs is a barking dog. Get a loud, obnoxious dog that barks at the sound of a pin drop.

I guess it depends on the responding LE. @ work, I have to force entry on businesses sometimes, due to fire alarms. That triggers the burglar alarm. LEO's are usually there in 2-3 minutes. A business burglar alarm going off in the middle of the night should be perceived differently than a residential alarm going off @ noon on a Saturday.

Comment

I guess it depends on the responding LE. @ work, I have to force entry on businesses sometimes, due to fire alarms. That triggers the burglar alarm. LEO's are usually there in 2-3 minutes. A business burglar alarm going off in the middle of the night should be perceived differently than a residential alarm going off @ noon on a Saturday.
        Absolutely depends on size of dept and beat it's in. A vast majority of the time, I'm either working solo or only with 1 other person. If we're tied up on a call or on other side of town, it could be a while.

Comment

Serial numbers are being compiled, also the alarm did go off, LEOs where 1minute late... they where in and out in 5minutes, police Dept is 1.5 to 2 miles away..

Comment

Originally posted by rwbrew3 View Post
            Serial numbers are being compiled, also the alarm did go off, LEOs where 1minute late... they where in and out in 5minutes, police Dept is 1.5 to 2 miles away..
            Jeez. The perps knew the layout & what they wanted. They've been in there before, probably recently. Any odd guys come in in the last week or 2 that just didn't seem to fit in? Probably tweakers.

Comment

Newer Chevy pickup, white 4door with black tool box and chrome rims. They new exactly what they where after and stuck to that plan, only took the new bows and nothing else.. got roughly 40bows

Comment

Jeez. The perps knew the layout & what they wanted. They've been in there before, probably recently. Any odd guys come in in the last week or 2 that just didn't seem to fit in? Probably tweakers.
                Lots of shady looking dudes in and out daily LOL !

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Hope some can be recovered and they get caught. Got my sr6 from you guys earlier this year.

Comment

Sure hate to hear this. Hope everything gets recovered and the Thieves get shot.

Comment

dang that's terrible... hopefully they will be dumb enough to post them somewhere and get caught..

Comment

Which store was hit? The Dallas or Lewisville.

Comment

Originally posted by rwbrew3 View Post
                          Cops probably had a pretty quick response to it, but alarm systems don't go straight to the cops. The monitoring company gets the alarm, looks it up, contacts the local 911 system who then processes the call and sends appropriate units who have probably a 2-3 minute response. 5 minutes gets eaten up real quick. These guys definitely had a plan to maximize that 5 minutes

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Hate it

Comment

Hope they are caught.

Hate a thief.

Comment

Originally posted by Boss Buck View Post
                                Which store was hit? The Dallas or Lewisville.
                                It was the Lewisville store....which shocks me since it’s in what is perceived to be a lot better neighborhood than the Dallas store that’s for sure. Guess it doesn’t really matter....a**hat thieves are everywhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X