An old/new hobby: drawing with a pencil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An old/new hobby: drawing with a pencil

I started drawing horses when I was seven years old and later started drawing dogs and birds. Then I drew people. The last drawing I did was in 1999 of an old woman.

About a week ago, I was watching some YouTube videos on drawing and got inspired, so I went out and bought some new drawing pencils and decided to try again. These first two drawings I did by following a couple of tutorials I found on YouTube. Here's a link to the tutorials I followed:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t44gyfk0Nus"]Draw Hyperrealistic Eye | Easiest Method | Narrated Step-by-step. - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW_GVxDzjHc"]How to Draw Hyper Realistic Eye | Tutorial for BEGINNERS - YouTube[/ame]

After drawing the two eyes from tutorials, I decided to see if I could draw one on my own, so I found a picture of an eye on google images and drew it. That's the third picture.

Then I decided to get some colored pencils and try something. The first picture was another eye, and it was a disaster, so I'm not going to show you that one. The second one was a cherry with water on it. I did that one following this tutorial.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koIi6ItzXmY"]Draw CHERRY with Colored pencils | Tutorial for BEGINNERS - YouTube[/ame]

I was going to follow some tutorials to do noses, lips, and hair, but I decided to just go for it. I found a picture of a girl on the internet and drew her. She doesn't even know!

I had forgotten how much I enjoyed drawing. It's an inexpensive hobby and very relaxing (except when you can't get the nose right).
    Attached Files

That’s Great Work.

Comment

That is awesome work!!!

Got to share the not so good with us tho as it'll be better than sitting I can do

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
        That is awesome work!!!

Got to share the not so good with us tho as it'll be better than sitting I can do
        Since I have such little shame, here's the not so good one. . .

Drawing with colored pencils is hard!
        Attached Files

Comment

Great work man! You definitely have some serious art skills.

Comment

Good work

Comment

Awesome

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I have always been envious of people who could draw. You have great skills. Your drawings are great.

Comment

I'm impressed! I can't even draw a good stick figure.

Comment

Wow. I'm always amazed by people with this kind of talent as I have very little artistic ability....unless you count drawing conclusions.

Comment

That's awesome!! I cant draw stick figures...cool talent to have!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice work keep sharing. I think a whites tails eye would be neat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Embracing the challenge with noses, lips, and hair sounds like a great idea—keep pushing those creative boundaries! And hey, if you ever decide to showcase your artwork, there's this site frameshop.com.au that offers a variety of custom frames.

Comment

Wow....That's great work!!!

Comment

Incredible!

Comment

Working...
                              X