Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He won’t be back soon

Comment

I killed one once with a 4” barreled S&W Kit Gun. I know that .22 LR wasn’t going very fast from a revolver, but the coyote only went about fifty yards. Double lunged him. Shot his buddy a couple hours later and didn’t find him, but from the “watermelon plunk” I heard, it sounded like gut shot. I was at least 75 yards away on that one though, maybe farther. He was wringing his tail when he left, and I looked but never found him.

Comment

If it got in to the body he is dead. If a lot of blood then I would say he is dead. Lots of people been killed with 22’s and not all head shots.

Comment

If he is not dead you left a lasting impression on him/her and it will probably think twice before returning

When the final tally is taken, the .22 will be on top of the list for lives taken

Comment

I'd say he is dead and close by. I shot one in my back yard a few years ago with a .22 behind the shoulder. Blew right through him. He did the circle dance and hauled butt ... about 40 yards and he was done.

Comment

I'm surprised a couple post think he's not dead. Some of y'all underestimate what that round can do once it enters the body. You had good blood then you will have a dead yote.

Comment

I'm guessing less than 200 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by Eberle View Post
                  The 22 LR will frequently not exit, the bullet will bounce around in the internals. This devastating damage to the organs. I'm sure he is dead!
                  Interesting. How does a .22 bullet bounce around? I thought most bullets travel in a fairly straight path until they lose their energy.

Comment

he's dead.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                      Interesting. How does a .22 bullet bounce around? I thought most bullets travel in a fairly straight path until they lose their energy.
                      Don't know how to explain it but a .22 will take several turns sometimes and end up nowhere near the expected path based on entry and angle etc

Crazy as it sounds, it happens

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                        Don't know how to explain it but a .22 will take several turns sometimes and end up nowhere near the expected path based on entry and angle etc

It tumbles when it enters and a tumbling round doesn’t follow a straight path. If it hits a rib or something it’s easily deflected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post

I've read several accounts of Mafia hit men. They all say they preferred .22 shorts because the bullets rattled around inside skull cavities and did much damage.

Comment

Originally posted by boy wonder View Post
                            It takes a pretty good marksman to shoot a coyote in the foot!

Especially when your aiming at his head.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                              I've read several accounts of Mafia hit men. They all say they preferred .22 shorts because the bullets rattled around inside skull cavities and did much damage.
                              Well that settles it. They couldn't print stuff like that if it wasn't true. Or could they?

Comment

Coyotes are tough animals. I used to trap a lot of them and more than a few times found buckshot and .22 lead in them. One coyote I remember had 7 buckshot pellets in it scattered from the rump to the mid section that were almost completely healed over.

That coyote is most likely dead or dying, but you just never know.

Comment

Working...
                                X