Blood Trail Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blood Trail Thread

After seeing some of the great blood trails left by deer I’ve shot and some that I thought would leave great trails but didn’t, I decided to start taking pics along the trail. I’ll end it with entrance/exit photos, hoping that it might help others recover their deer or determine when to back out and wait longer or call a dog. Post up yours along with what you experienced as well. This is my first entry.

Shot this doe at 21 yards, quartered away with a 2 blade Rage Extreme 2.3 inch cut, complete pass through. Total distance traveled from the shot was 106 yards. Farther than I would have thought with this wound. Well I loaded the pics in reverse order. Start of the blood trail is the last pic and the entry wound is the larger of the two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by rjtkdplus; 11-28-2019, 09:14 AM. Reason: Pics in wrong order

I would say that's a good blood trail

Comment

No blood trail needed. Lol
      Attached Files

Comment

Dang! Did you get that one with a chainsaw?

Comment

Yup Ray Charles could of found the deer........................

Comment

Here’s one from last year. 9 point, almost perfectly broadside 22 yards with a NAP Killzone Maxx.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
              Yup Ray Charles could of found the deer........................
              Yeah, so far I’ve only taken pics of good blood trails. I’m going to start taking pics of all the blood trails I’m on. I wish I’d thought of this earlier this year. I’ve helped track 12 deer so far this season.

Comment

What's tough is when find a drop every 20 yards. I didn't find her (cow) I'm gonna buy one of those thermals

Comment

Here’s one from a solid double lung hit. Decent trail but not as heavy as I would have thought after seeing the entrance and exit.

Comment

Working...
                  X