Another processor to cross off my list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ATI View Post
    even if that was a coyote, it's definitely not enough meat.

I wish you were closer man, I'd ask you to bring your meat and I'd help you process it.
    You'd save money, won't have to worry what the heck they put in it, how clean they are, if it's your deer or not and if they steal the good stuff and give you junk meat....
    EXACTLY!!! I started doing it to save some $$$ I quickly realized I was fine paying the money to have someone else do it as it does take some time, but it made me quickly realize how easy it is to grind any "questionable" pieces and have them disappear, or how you likely dont get your deer back regardless of who you use . I now grind my own for sanitary reasons. I know my meat is clean and handled right.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd like to do my own but I can't justify the opportunity cost associated with it. I literally barely have time to hunt as it is. Anywho, thanks for posting the info on this processor.

Comment

When my sausage guy retired it was like a kick in the nuts. I haven’t found a processor that is even close to his fees. IMHO all processors are expensive because they are in the service business. Sad but you get what you pay for and sometimes you pay a lot for crap.
        Sorry to hear your story.

Comment

Not that you asked but Dorecks in Alvin does my sausage and I believe they are fair in pricing and their sausage is great.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            Bellville is one of the best, but they dang sure ain't cheap.
            No, no they are not I’ve paid them way more than I ever intended when lived there. It was delicious...but dang it cost me some serious money. Now I do my own...started out of financial necessity, but now I actually enjoy it

Comment

Seems like we hash this out multiple times a year. I do my own backstraps and tenders, but let Jr's in Wharton handle the rest. I like their seasoning and the fact that they vacuum seal everything AND you get your deer back, not someone elses meat that wasn't properly cared for.

Comment

Kevin, Ive been wondering with all the changes the new owners have made over there what would happen with the processing end of things over there. Ive been using them the last few years to do some deer here and there and have been satisfied. I guess I will learn from your experience and move on to someplace else.

Comment

Originally posted by Puggy625 View Post
                  Who said that? I'm off half the week, got nothing else to do and I know how my deer is handled. Piece of mind is worth more than time to me.
                  I was joking because you didn't include the cost of your time. If that's what you want to be doing with your time, then there is no cost associated with it.

Comment

I've always done it myself but I do have a question. Is it true that some processors have community meat for the ground part and you may not get your exact deer back?

Comment

I just got my last deer back from the processor in Junction a couple days ago. Got 1 ham in jerky, 10# pan sausage, and the rest hamburger. $94 out the door!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                        I just got my last deer back from the processor in Junction a couple days ago. Got 1 ham in jerky, 10# pan sausage, and the rest hamburger. $94 out the door!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Kimble county processor?

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
                          I've always done it myself but I do have a question. Is it true that some processors have community meat for the ground part and you may not get your exact deer back?

Yes that is true depending on the processor.

Comment

It's past the point of being ridiculous... I've been burned BAD 4 out of the last 6 years.. Once just here recently.. Lost hundreds of dollars and spoiled meat.. I'm F'ing done.. I won't name the places but they are popular.. I'm not going to get mad at the clowns anymore, I'm just going to stop going to their circus!!

I ordered meat tubs and a chamber vac just this week.. I already have a good grinder..
                            Cuber attach. and mixer is next....

Comment

I've taken a couple to a processor in lampasas when I'm short on time. I take them in quartered up. $50 processing fee which includes cutting steaks tenderizing if wanted, hamburger, basically anything but sausage. Everything but hamburger vac sealed.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Just got my bill from the little place in Snook, 372.00!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X