Schleicher county rut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schleicher county rut

Spent the last 4 days south of Christoval. Bucks aren’t chasing does and I saw quite a few bucks. Bucks were even tolerant of one another around corn at feeders and hand corn.

You might have missed it, we are north of you 100 miles and 11/11 is when they typically get going.

Comment

normally it is the week after Thanksgiving

Comment

First of the month through about last week was pretty heavy

Comment

Spent the weekend on Hwy 190 south of Christoval and the mature bucks were running does hard. Younger bucks were still running together.

Comment

We are just S of Christoval. Saw good rut activity over the last three weeks.

Comment

I’ve spent a lot of days on stand this year. I noticed heavy rut activity the second week of November where every doe had a buck behind her. Got to see the bucks in lock down mode and last week I have noticed that the bucks have bachelored back up. There is still a little bit of chasing going on but it has slowed down tremendously in the last 7 days. Acorns have really minimized feeder activity. I have dialed down several of my corn feeders. My protein feeders are not even getting touched right now. Hand corn has still been effective somewhat but I’ve really just been hoping to get lucky and find the doe that has the buck I’m looking for with her. It’s been a very tough season! I’ve seen lots of deer and lots of bucks but the big boys are just not cooperating so far. I’m hoping they will get back on feed heavy soon.

We are south of Christoval. Good luck to everyone!!!!

Comment

Was rattling in bucks the end of Oct. in Sutton County.Rut activity came early for us as we cant usually get them to respond until the second week of Nov.

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
                  Spent the last 4 days south of Christoval. Bucks aren’t chasing does and I saw quite a few bucks. Bucks were even tolerant of one another around corn at feeders and hand corn.

Pending a second rut, which usually happens at some point but unpredictable, the main rut is over. Always hits from end of Oct to 3rd week of November. Has been like that as long as I can remember and have hunted Schleicher all my life I grew up in Eldorado.

Comment

Edwards Plateau
                    Conception dates for this region ranged from as early as October 9 to a late date of January 30. The Edwards Plateau, Texas' highest deer production region, was divided into three areas for the study. The eastern part had a peak breeding date of November 7. Peak breeding for the central portion was November 24, and the western area had a peak date of December 5. An average of 90 percent of the does were bred and the average number of fetuses found was 1.3 per doe. The majority (90%) of the fawns are born by June 14 in the eastern area, June 26 in the central area, and by July 13 in the western area.
                    Breeding Chart this is what we see every year in northwest corner of Schleicher

Comment

Originally posted by chillymac View Post
                      Edwards Plateau
                      Conception dates for this region ranged from as early as October 9 to a late date of January 30. The Edwards Plateau, Texas' highest deer production region, was divided into three areas for the study. The eastern part had a peak breeding date of November 7. Peak breeding for the central portion was November 24, and the western area had a peak date of December 5. An average of 90 percent of the does were bred and the average number of fetuses found was 1.3 per doe. The majority (90%) of the fawns are born by June 14 in the eastern area, June 26 in the central area, and by July 13 in the western area.
                      Breeding Chart this is what we see every year in northwest corner of Schleicher
                      Possibly but that corner is way off of the rest of the county if so. That’s the only part I haven’t hunted in the county

I am dead center at the county line north and it’s over. Watched them run very hard weekend of the 9th and 16th including our mature deer
                      Last edited by bphillips; 11-27-2019, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X