No announcement yet.

Taxes - Out of Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pray Trump gets re-elected and then at least tries to put the hammer down HARD on welfare programs. Force everyone to work instead of sucking money.

Comment

I dont blame the welfare system, or even illegals getting free. Our money is making millionaires out of politicians. And we keep voting them in.

We need a tea party. It is out of hand.

Any item you buy the labor has been taxed to create it.
      The materials have been taxed
      Our rights are taxed
      Extra tax's added for phone bill
      Extra tax for hwy maintenance

What happened to the texas lottery paying for the school costs.
      Last edited by Dirtymike; 11-26-2019, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Protest every year. Take pictures of all the ugly in your house. Get estimates on any repairs needed any updates needed, etc. “I hate wasting someone’s time but you have to.”

Remember they are basing your value off the houses and property that sold in your area.
        Convince them that your house is worth less than the ones sold and have a number that you think your house is worth. Depreciation is a big factor with older homes, look at their depreciation factor and check their math. Rockwall county doesn’t know math or how to use a calculator.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGTERRY75 View Post
          Protest every year. Take pictures of all the ugly in your house. Get estimates on any repairs needed any updates needed, etc. “I hate wasting someone’s time but you have to.”

Remember they are basing your value off the houses and property that sold in your area.
          Convince them that your house is worth less than the ones sold and have a number that you think your house is worth. Depreciation is a big factor with older homes, look at their depreciation factor and check their math. Rockwall county doesn’t know math or how to use a calculator.
          I dont think the problem is how they value a property as much as it is the fact they can tax you what ever they want on that value. There is no way on earth a taxing entity should be able to tax a family out of a property,much less one that is paid off.
          My wife's family has had a home on lake LBJ since the lake was created and it cost 11k a year just to own it. Gov. at every level should be held to account for their spending. The schools do not need 75 million dollar school buildings, The county does not need a 100 million dollar court house and the county and school districts do not need my money for what ever charity they decide to waste money on.

Comment

I just moved jobs and got 25-30% raise and my paychecks aren’t even that much bigger. It’s crazy this tax bracket crap.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGTERRY75 View Post

Yeah, I did all that this year and still my manufactured/ Mobile home increased in value by twenty thousand dollars! Caldwell county says “ mobile homes don’t always depreciate”! Ridiculous!

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
                It is totally absurd and really kills the drive to work hard and have a nice life. I hate the current welfare state that we support. And, as mentioned above, wait until the Democrats get in to office. Will be worse!

Ain’t that the truth! I work twice as hard, and spend less time with my family. I’m sick of it!

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                  I dont think the problem is how they value a property as much as it is the fact they can tax you what ever they want on that value. There is no way on earth a taxing entity should be able to tax a family out of a property,much less one that is paid off.
                  My wife's family has had a home on lake LBJ since the lake was created and it cost 11k a year just to own it. Gov. at every level should be held to account for their spending. The schools do not need 75 million dollar school buildings, The county does not need a 100 million dollar court house and the county and school districts do not need my money for what ever charity they decide to waste money on.
                  We don't need brand spanking new Fire trucks, LEO vehicles, and fancy buildings either. But his list of waste is the tip of the iceberg.

And you can bet your house (and kids) this foreign aide money is coming right back into politicians hands also.

The whole system has become a scam from top to bottom.

The bad is nothing will change. Just look at other countries and get prepared as we will follow soon.

Comment

I think, even in Texas where there isn’t an income tax, you will find you pay up to 50% of you income in taxes.

If you factor in sales tax, property tax, federal income tax, FICA (yes it is a tax, maybe for a different discussion though), gains tax, registration fees, gas tax, toll fees, money you pay to pay others taxes (built into pricing structures, and on and on.

Comment

bet it's more like 60% if you own a home....

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                        We don't need brand spanking new Fire trucks, LEO vehicles, and fancy buildings either. But his list of waste is the tip of the iceberg.

And you can bet your house (and kids) this foreign aide money is coming right back into politicians hands also.

The bad is nothing will change. Just look at other countries and get prepared as we will follow soon.
                        I was on one truck build committee. I tried to be an advocate for the tax payer by expressing how we did not need polished wheels, dash board computers and other waste. Needless to say when people get to spend someone else's money they will always spend as much as possible.
                        We just had another monster truck wild land truck built. I believe it cost 250k
                        F550 4x4 lifted with every bell and whistle you can have. We actually fight about 2 or 3 wild fires a year and 90% of those a 2wd tacoma could handle.
                        Last edited by flywise; 11-26-2019, 10:28 AM.

Comment

wow

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

If you don't get new fire trucks, your ISO goes up and your home insurance goes up.

Comment

I'm glad I'm not the only one who woke up this morning with taxes and the dysfunctional welfare/foreign aid system stewing on my mind. Its time we stop feeding the stray dogs and let them fend for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                                I was on one truck build committee. I tried to be an advocate for the tax payer by expressing how we did not need polished wheels, dash board computers and other waste. Needless to say when people get to spend someone else's money they will always spend as much as possible.
                                We just had another monster truck wild land truck built. I believe it cost 250k
                                F550 4x4 lifted with every bell and whistle you can have. We actually fight about 2 or 3 wild fires a year and 90% of those a 2wd tacoma could handle.
                                My favorite is the repurposed tactical LAV that all the law enforcement agencies now have. The militarization of the police force is pretty concerning. Heck, look what the Game Wardens are equiped with now days.

Comment

Working...
                                X