Oil spots on concrete removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is interesting stuff..
    Gray-Out is a waterless DRY concrete cleaning powder that you spread over concrete. This concrete cleaner is an activated enzyme that works by breaking down embedded oil stains. No water is needed at any time and is never used in this process.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan11 View Post
      How to remove oil stains from a concrete driveway - www.sealgreen.com - 800-997-3873 - YouTube

Products for the maintenance of concrete clean stain and seal and repair

Haven't tried it yet but looks like it's worth a try.
      I thought so too until I started reading the reviews on their own website.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post

Yeh.. too good to be true apparently.

Comment

Id park there and cover it up.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post

It looks like it is mortar or cement. It does look better when you cover the stain. As long as it doesn't rain it looks to work great. Here is a reply from the manufacturer to a poor review. . .

From SealGreen:
            SealGreen Gary-Out works by penetrating the concrete using microscopic enzymes to eat the oil. This is a very slow process that may take weeks or months to clean the oil. We do not claim in any form that the oil stain will be removed with a few days. We recommend reapplying the Gray-Out if it is washed away during the cleaning process. Please remember that they are many types of car oils from basic car oil to synthetics. The more refine the car oil the longer it will take to clean.

I wonder how "refine" the OP's oil is?

I second Tide or oxyclean and a stiff brush. Scrub off then reapply on wet concrete and leave it until it washes away.

Comment

Any updates?

Comment

Still watching this thread.

I'll try the tide, but I think I'm going to try CLR, too. My stains are inside the garage. I put kitty litter on them asap and kept it on for several days and it helped but the stain is still there.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                  Any updates?
                  Yeh chomps doesnt do chit..
                  Trying to do the tide trick..but daughter decided that after i spread and brushed it in ..that was a good time to hose out rabbit cages..
                  Give it another shot this weekend..

Also gonna try a blow torch method i got some pm's about.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
                    Saw this on Flip or Flop the other day. Guys mom gave it to him.

Pour baking soda on the stain, cover it.

Pour coke on the baking soda, let it bubble.

Scrub with a wire brush and scrub brush.

Pressure wash it off.

It worked for them and it was a nasty oil stain.

I’m thinking something like this has merit. You have to find a way to lift the oil soaked into the concrete pours to the surface.

Comment

I know a guy that knows a guy that can get me some of the pure Oxy (peroxide powder) in Oxyclean. Not sure how I could get some to you, but it works.
                      At my old job we used Comet on oil stains on our loading dock for all types of oil that we loaded on ships and barges.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                        So the old truck developed a leak at a faulty plastic oil pan and bled on the driveway.. pan has been fixed.. but how do i get that oil up?
                        Pressure washer didnt touch it ..
                        I’ve used my Honda pressure washer with a concrete cleaning attachment from Home Depot I think and some mean green. It works wonders just spray the mean green on first let it soak and hit it with the pressure washer. The attachment is something like the pic below but it’s black, same concept though.
                        Attached Files

Comment

That a brush ...or series of jets under there. ?

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                            That a brush ...or series of jets under there. ?
                            I have the same one & it has a spinning jet on the bottom with the entire perimeter of brushes.

Comment

Zep purple degreaser from hd, took paint off metal I beams, it’s heavy duty equipment degreaser. I bet it would work better than anything if it was going to work. Worth a shot

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Concrete Driveway Garage - Premium Driveway Paint - Fast Shipping

Comment

Working...
                                X