Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That pig is a monster. Geez.

Comment

Geez, did y'all get that thing on a scale?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
        Don I hunt the hill country and this weekend has been one of the worst I’ve ever witnessed in 20 years........
        Same for us. 5 people for 4 days and we got 1 doe and a pig. Acorns are thick and still falling. Deer showing no interest in corn. Corn piling up under the feeders. We usually see 8-10 deer per sit at each feeder. Gonna have to go sit among the oaks.

Comment

We are south of Robert Lee and I was there on the weekend of 11-9 and this past weekend. I have seen younger bucks (up to 4.5) chasing since 10-25, but haven't seen a bunch of activity from mature bucks. But, the mature bucks I have seen have black staining all the way down their legs and show big weight loss in the last couple of weeks. I'd say that 50% of our bucks have broken tines.

In our experience, we have seen mature bucks chasing hard anywhere from 11-1 to about 11-22 or 11-23 since 2013-2019, but not later. Generally speaking, Thanksgiving has been post rut slow down for us and the first week of December mature bucks start to show back up at feeders.

This weekend, we had great deer movement and I saw probably 5-6 mature bucks at feeders in 3 sits, which is a pretty good number for us. 4 does, 1 buck, and 1 pig were killed by 4 hunters in 13 total sits, but all those except the pig were killed on Saturday.

Anyway, we had very good deer movement for the most part and could have stacked a few more Sunday morning if we were more bloodthirsty.
          Last edited by El General; 11-25-2019, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X