Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grim Reaper’s are so deadly they kill even when they don’t deploy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frederick D. Be View Post
    Hi...not entirely true about opening all of the time. The fatal steel had an o ring in it that was a tad small. I shot a red deer cow with one and it failed to open ....and a whitetail. Got to checking them out and put a different o ring from an older broadhead on it and then they opened every time. Even called GR about it and asked them to send me some of the older o rings and they did. You need to check each one out by moving the blades prior to using them....I found several that were affected so I trashed the fatal steel and am using the razor cut and pro series. Those seem to be working out okay. Cheers!
    Fred
    I wasn’t talking about the Fatal Steels. Tried them one year and hated them. They opened on everything, but just left small holes. I think I even broke a couple.

The 1 3/8” Razor Tip is where it’s at.

Comment

I shoot lower poundage. Some of my bows are in the mid 50s. And I use the G-Reeper 1-3/8" Razor Cuts. 385 gr Arrow set up. No problems getting a pass through on Texas deer with a broadside shot. I went with the 1-3/8" because it doesn't require as much energy to get good penetration, as do the larger diameter cuts. I prefer a fixed head on pigs no matter the size though. And Grimm Reeper dose make a fixed blade called the Hades. I've had excellent results with those as well, getting pass throughs on pigs of various sizes at 30 yards and less.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
        Glad I'm not the only one!

There's no fingernail polish in deer hunting!!!
        You're in good company

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
          You're in good company

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
            Congrats on a great 6 point!

Which GR did you shoot?
            Razorcut

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
              Razorcut
              What size cut?

Comment

What size cut?
                13/8” I think

Comment

I wasn’t talking about the Fatal Steels. Tried them one year and hated them. They opened on everything, but just left small holes. I think I even broke a couple.

The 1 3/8” Razor Tip is where it’s at.
                  The Fatal Steel had problems in the beginning. The razor tip is good as well as the razor cut. I am trying the pro tip now. Cheers!
                  Fred

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
                    I tried the grims the first time this year and logged a hog kill where the arrow came out closed. I did hit it in the neck and it was dead AF but still reading this further kills my confidence in them.
                    My past self must not have read well enough. I believe I trust they opened fine and closed when I pulled it out. I would use them again.

Comment

I've been shooting the 1 3/8 razor tip for years. Killed at least 15 plus deer and pigs with that head. 29.5 draw at 70 ibs. Honestly I wouldn't shoot less poundage than that with a mechanical, especially on pigs. some guy will comment and say he blows through pigs shooting 51 pounds, but in my experience with multiple bows and arrows, I wouldn't feel confident in anything less than my setup. I tried the old rages and had a bad experience. Started shooting the GR and haven't looked back.

Comment

Over the top opening heads do require quite a bit of momentum ( momentum lost ) just to deploy. If your shooting a draw weight that’s heavy enough, it’s not as noticeable. But rear deploying heads will help in your case, and fixed of course would give you the most penetration. Two blades vs three also will help, in most cases.

Comment

was in a blind with my buddy when a fallow doe came into range. He drew back and shot, arrow went in perfect behind the shoulder. We were in an open area hidden in a single oak mott so we could see for a long ways.

Deer took off at impact and ran....and ran....and ran some more. Finally after about 250 yards she tipped over.

got to her and she was hit perfect. I gutted her and very little internal damage....Grim Reaper failed to open. He was shooting a 70 lb bow at about 300 fps as well so KE wasn't a factor

Comment

Working...
                          X