Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This Luka kid is pretty special. Go Mavs!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are watching what will one day be known as the greatest player of his generation. It’s not just what he’s doing, it’s the ease at which he’s doing it. He plays beyond his years and the scary part is, I’m not sure what his ceiling is. I thought his lack of athleticism in comparison to other guards in the league was going to inhibit him but he’s athletic enough with a variety of moves to get open and score. He is nothing short of amazing. Their bench is DEEP and KP hasn’t even lived up to his potential yet, which I think he’ll do sooner or later. They’ve leaped 2-3 years ahead of schedule on where they should be as a team because Luka took the step to superstardom. Yes, he’s a legitimate superstar.

Comment

One of the more depressing things I think about occaisionally, is that likely for the rest of my life, someone will let lebron james speak on tv....

God he’s obnoxious...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel75 View Post
        We are watching what will one day be known as the greatest player of his generation. It’s not just what he’s doing, it’s the ease at which he’s doing it. He plays beyond his years and the scary part is, I’m not sure what his ceiling is. I thought his lack of athleticism in comparison to other guards in the league was going to inhibit him but he’s athletic enough with a variety of moves to get open and score. He is nothing short of amazing. Their bench is DEEP and KP hasn’t even lived up to his potential yet, which I think he’ll do sooner or later. They’ve leaped 2-3 years ahead of schedule on where they should be as a team because Luka took the step to superstardom. Yes, he’s a legitimate superstar.

The sample size is plenty big enough to know that he’s not a fluke. He a legitimate superstar. I don’t follow basketball much, but everything I heard was saying that 40 wins this year would be a successful season for the Mavs. Looks like expectations have grown quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Believe it or not the Mavs have amassed a pretty solid support group around this kid as well. Tim Hardaway Jr, Dorian Finney-Smith, Delon Wright and Justin Jackson can ball a little. And I can only assume Rick Carlisle will eventually get the 7’3” Kristaps Porzingis to figure out where he needs to be on the darn floor [emoji848] When he and Luka start to gel and get on the same page....that could be some crazy good stuff!!

Comment

Saw him in person, it was great

Comment

Mavs playing Pelicans in NO tonight on TNT. Doncic on his way to another triple double. 33pts and 18 boards at end of 3rd.

Yes.......18 boards.............from your point guard.

Comment

He is something else. And his mom is pretty easy on the eyes too.

Comment

Luka dropped 41pts, 12 boards and 11 assists on the Pistons in Mexico City last night. His 8th triple-double of the season.

”Doncic addressed the Mexico City crowd pregame - to their delight - in flawless Spanish, before turning the microphone over to Detroit’s Blake Griffin. “Hola, Mexico,” was the extent of Griffin’s Spanish offering”

Comment

I watched some of that last night. It's very strange to watch....he doesn't look fast, or terribly athletic, but he always gets where he wants to go quickly. The second you leave someone to go help on him...he WILL find them for an open shot.

Comment

Reminds me a lot of watching Larry Bird play in his prime. Not very athletic but great court vision and always makes the right decision. Also, since his game is not predicated on his leaping ability, he probably will have few injuries and enjoy a long career. Very special player.

Comment

This Luka kid is pretty special. Go Mavs!!

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        I watched some of that last night. It's very strange to watch....he doesn't look fast, or terribly athletic, but he always gets where he wants to go quickly. The second you leave someone to go help on him...he WILL find them for an open shot.
                        He’s single handily made the Mavs relevant again. I thought it would take much longer especially given Dirk’s departure. Just crazy.

Originally posted by Rhettsker View Post
                        Reminds me a lot of watching Larry Bird play in his prime. Not very athletic but great court vision and always makes the right decision. Also, since his game is not predicated on his leaping ability, he probably will have few injuries and enjoy a long career. Very special player.
                        Spot on. As you and Dale both eluded to, he doesn’t look particularly athletic but his basketball IQ is off the charts. He just flat out puts his body in the right position...all the time. He’s a freak if you ask me.

As for the Larry Bird comparison...LB is one of the all time greats but I don’t think he was nearly as good a ball handler as Luka is. Doncic is a true point guard first with the ability to play small forward.

With all of this being said, the most INSANE thing about Luka is his age. Ok, I realize he’s been playing “professionally” since he was 14 years old but look at this kid’s body. I mean come on....tell me if you think this guy looks like a ball player. What is his potential? What is his ceiling?

Comment

Luka magic!

Comment

He makes it look effortless.

Comment

Hawks totally whiffed with this guy. Would take him every day and twice on Sunday over Trey Young. He’s no scrub and actually better than I thought he would be but Luka is on another level. Well played mavs.

Comment

Luka turned his ankle bad in the first few minutes of the game vs the Heat Saturday night. Could miss up to 2 weeks. Glad it wasn’t worse. It looked bad at the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X