Anyone own and rent out a dump trailer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BertramBass View Post
    I have multiple Pj's and rent them out regularly. Pro=$$$ Cons= Flats from the dump. Most people overload them. I have side extensions that are nice for carrying capacity of lights stuff but I am real careful of who gets to use that one. Very easy to overload it and to bend/dent the sides. Tarps don't last long. People tear stuff up...
    Flats at the dump ground.I was gonna say the same thing.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a Lamar 14’ with 7k axles that I rent out as well as a custom trailer with clay pigeon throwers mounted to it. I have a contract that every renter fills out along with their DL and proof of full coverage insurance of the tow vehicle. Every renter pays deposit plus an extra fee for “insurance” for small repairs if needed (<$1000). I just pool that money together to cover when we have a fender ripped off, but knock On wood we haven’t had an issue yet.

Comment

That clay pigeon trailer is very cool!

Comment

Home Depot’s around here starting to rent them out.
          You might see if your local HD is going to follow suit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ramball36 View Post
            I have a Lamar 14’ with 7k axles that I rent out as well as a custom trailer with clay pigeon throwers mounted to it. I have a contract that every renter fills out along with their DL and proof of full coverage insurance of the tow vehicle. Every renter pays deposit plus an extra fee for “insurance” for small repairs if needed (<$1000). I just pool that money together to cover when we have a fender ripped off, but knock On wood we haven’t had an issue yet.

What’s that bird thrower rent for the weekend? It might be worth the drive for a few events we do. Also, how much do you get for your 14’ dump? I’m not interested in profit, but if I can get it to pay for itself that’s plenty for me.

Comment

Dump trailer rents for $99/day, on average I’m renting it 3-5 days per month with little to no effort in marketing. The skeet trailer with 1000 birds rents for $400/day or $600/weekend. I rent it out 1-2 times per month typically. It’s nothing outstanding but it’s extra cash to help pay for two things I wanted for myself

Comment

Originally posted by Ramball36 View Post

Thanks!

Comment

Same here

Originally posted by BertramBass View Post
                  I have multiple Pj's and rent them out regularly. Pro=$$$ Cons= Flats from the dump. Most people overload them. I have side extensions that are nice for carrying capacity of lights stuff but I am real careful of who gets to use that one. Very easy to overload it and to bend/dent the sides. Tarps don't last long. People tear stuff up...
                  I have a tandem dually dump trailer that friends have borrowed and it always comes back with scratches/dents. However, they have replaced the 3 tires they blew out so I am ok with them using it. Heck, the truth is MY WIFE has put more dents in it than they have!

Bottom line is if you loan/rent something out, it will NOT remain in pristine condition.

Comment

Working...
                  X