No announcement yet.

OTR Mobile for WiFi/Internet in the sticks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m getting near to needing a rural internet service.

Any updates on OTR Mobile service?
    Any better ones?

Comment

Did anyone need an antenna tower to get good service? I’m building in a very tall tree area

Comment

I use evolve wireless to buy my unlimited att with no throttle. 75/m

For my cabin I used a wee boost cell booster antenna outside my cabin.

I use a nighthawk m1 for hotspot router and run it into a nighthawk wireless router.

Was getting 1mbps down with my phone before that set up. Afterwords I average 30mbps

Right over the hill 1/4 mile away I can get over a 100mpbs so I may try the big yagi antenna soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs View Post
          Did anyone need an antenna tower to get good service? I’m building in a very tall tree area
          They are fairly common, for point to point service.
          I've put up hundreds them.
          Shoot me a PM if you have any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
            I use evolve wireless to buy my unlimited att with no throttle. 75/m

For my cabin I used a wee boost cell booster antenna outside my cabin.

I use a nighthawk m1 for hotspot router and run it into a nighthawk wireless router.

Was getting 1mbps down with my phone before that set up. Afterwords I average 30mbps

Right over the hill 1/4 mile away I can get over a 100mpbs so I may try the big yagi antenna soon.

Hey I got a dumb question... do you connect a device to the hotspot or the wireless router? Is the wireless router just to extend the broadcast range?

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs View Post
              Hey I got a dumb question... do you connect a device to the hotspot or the wireless router? Is the wireless router just to extend the broadcast range?

The nighthawk m1 is a full router but I am able to have more control from the other one. A nighthawk m1 is just fine alone . Before I found evolve wireless I was having to trick att into thinking I was using normal data to keep from being throttled.

Comment

Just an update: once I finally got my new SIM card (took 2 weeks and 4hrs on the computer), everything is great again just like it always was. I’m on the Blue Blast (so it’s still AT&T) for $80 a month. It is still half the price of my other options would be. I have zero complaints with the service. As far as customer service, it’s a total **** show. We can blame it on the China flu, but I doubt that’s the truth. I take the hot spot with me all the time. I just got back from a fishing trip on the coast of Louisiana and it worked great the whole time.

Comment

Working...
                X