Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

My Horrifying Shop Build: Update!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did he file an appeal in County Court? I went through this in 2018-19 with a repo company that grabbed my Harley-Davidson by mistake. I won in small claims court, but the last day possible he filed an appeal. That means I had to prove my case again in county court. I wound up going through my insurance company.

Whatever you do, be thorn in this guys butt until the day you die.

I bought a $2000 mountain bike from The Bike Barn in Clear Lake, TX in 2000. A group of us paid them to take a trip to LaJitas, TX for the first MTB race of the season. The evening before the race, the owner (at the time) Russ Barnes, decided we were returning to Houston at 10:00am on race day. The Sport Class race was scheduled for 9:00am to 12 noon. He told me I could skip my race and return with them or find my own way home...700 miles. Northwest Cycling Club from NW Houston welcomed me and got me home. I shouted that story for years, and yes, it did cost them a lot of high end MTB and road bike sales.

Comment

Originally posted by Wampuscat View Post
      Did he file an appeal in County Court? I went through this in 2018-19 with a repo company that grabbed my Harley-Davidson by mistake. I won in small claims court, but the last day possible he filed an appeal. That means I had to prove my case again in county court. I wound up going through my insurance company.

Whatever you do, be thorn in this guys butt until the day you die.

I bought a $2000 mountain bike from The Bike Barn in Clear Lake, TX in 2000. A group of us paid them to take a trip to LaJitas, TX for the first MTB race of the season. The evening before the race, the owner (at the time) Russ Barnes, decided we were returning to Houston at 10:00am on race day. The Sport Class race was scheduled for 9:00am to 12 noon. He told me I could skip my race and return with them or find my own way home...700 miles. Northwest Cycling Club from NW Houston welcomed me and got me home. I shouted that story for years, and yes, it did cost them a lot of high end MTB and road bike sales.
      He did not file for appeal. I would of been even more prepared & he'd of lost more money. I believe he knew that.

Comment

Well done. Keep us updated.

Comment

How did you find his bank ?

Comment

looks like you had a good lawyer - I will spend $10K to get $2K if someone tries to screw me like that (which has happened) - glad you are doing the right thing - as I tell my wife - "it is the principle of the thing"

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs View Post
              I imagine from the check he paid the guy with.

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs View Post
                See below.
                Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
                looks like you had a good lawyer - I will spend $10K to get $2K if someone tries to screw me like that (which has happened) - glad you are doing the right thing - as I tell my wife - "it is the principle of the thing"
                I had no attorney. They wanted $1,500 to write the writ, with their fee going up from there. No thanks. I printed it off the internet for the price of a piece of paper.
                Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                I imagine from the check he paid the guy with.
                Yep.

Comment

Latest Update:
                  I had a court date for the Writ of Garnishment. It was clear to all parties (the “contractor” didn’t file a rebuttal or show up to court) that I was legally owed the money. He owed me $6,790 but only had $3,150 in his accounts. The banks attorney, that I filed the Writ against, had to be paid $450 so I got $2,700 out of the $6,790 he owes me. That’s better than nothing but I’ll do all this again until he’s paid me in full. He also gets 5% tacked on annually for amount owed so it will only go up the longer it takes.

Comment

keep after him. good on you.

Comment

So awesome! Hopefully he needed that money. Do yo suppose he has more money stashed in other accounts? Can they be tracked down and garnished as well?

Comment

Keep chipping away until you get every penny he owes

Comment

This is freaking awesome. Well done!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                            Latest Update:
                            I had a court date for the Writ of Garnishment. It was clear to all parties (the “contractor” didn’t file a rebuttal or show up to court) that I was legally owed the money. He owed me $6,790 but only had $3,150 in his accounts. The banks attorney, that I filed the Writ against, had to be paid $450 so I got $2,700 out of the $6,790 he owes me. That’s better than nothing but I’ll do all this again until he’s paid me in full. He also gets 5% tacked on annually for amount owed so it will only go up the longer it takes.

Good work, does the $450 come out of the balance he owes you or is it added to the total he owes?

Comment

Awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                                So awesome! Hopefully he needed that money. Do yo suppose he has more money stashed in other accounts? Can they be tracked down and garnished as well?
                                I have to file a Writ Of Garnishment for each account. I also filed an Abstract of Judgement, which is like an unpaid lien/loan. I’m hoping if he sells his house, my cut comes out first then he gets his remaining funds.
                                Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                                Good work, does the $450 come out of the balance he owes you or is it added to the total he owes?
                                Sadly, I pay it. It came out of his account but since it wasn’t the full amount he owed me, plus $450, it comes out of my funds.
                                I think after I finally get all my money, I can petition the court to get all associated fees paid. Including that $450, I’ve spent about another $600-700 with associated fees, papers being served, etc. It’s a process but I’m a principles type guy so I’ll go thru hell and high water for the proper outcome.

Comment

Working...
                                X