Monster Freak Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
    Honest question for you. Would you be more impressed, would it be more of an accomplishment if it was LF? The answer for me is absolutely. That does not mean it is not a nice deer or that people are not happy for him but don't you have to admit that it makes a difference? I mean I will hunt my entire life LF and I bet I never have a deer that large LF within 200 miles of me.

-john

P.S> Nice deer and congrats.
    Yep. Not knocking HF hunting, but people shouldn't get offended if someone ask.
    Last edited by Arrowthreat; 11-19-2019, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Insane!

Comment

Dang! What a beast. Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
          Honest question for you. Would you be more impressed, would it be more of an accomplishment if it was LF? The answer for me is absolutely. That does not mean it is not a nice deer or that people are not happy for him but don't you have to admit that it makes a difference? I mean I will hunt my entire life LF and I bet I never have a deer that large LF within 200 miles of me.

-john

P.S> Nice deer and congrats.
          I hunt a heavily poached LF family property in Duval co. Native forage and corn only. On our property, we would be thrilled with a 4+ 120". Only 1 has been taken in 10 years. A few miles away, my dad's best friend owns an incredible HF property. They have some monstrous non-native deer on that place. If one walked out on my place, I'd literally **** my shorts. I totally acknowledge the difference and am certainly not "offended" because someone asked about a strangers deer.

When someone's ONLY comment is in regards to the fence, it comes of as if he's "not happy for him" or trying to diminish the OP's accomplishment. Off the top of my head, I can think of 3 that do it every single time. Just thought it was silly that OP has to justify his trophy because he was blessed with the opportunity that any of us would've taken in a heartbeat.

Sorry to derail, OP. Great deer.
          Last edited by BlackHogDown; 11-19-2019, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Nice buck congrats

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
              Or, why not just get it out of the way up front so nobody has to ask? Would save a while lot of hurt feelings around here....

Comment

Great deer!

Does his left side make him more desirable or less desirable for trophy deer hunters? never seen that black stuff on the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by drogers6771 View Post
                  Jasper County low fence is what I heard

funny, i have a friend that said his cousin sent it him and said it was down the road from them in llano

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                  Great deer!

Does his left side make him more desirable or less desirable for trophy deer hunters? never seen that black stuff on the horns.
                  its velvet that has dried and wasnt rubbed off.

Comment

Thats a really cool looking buck, congrats!!!

Comment

YO OP THAT IS A MONSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! congrats on an awesome buck down. keep doing what you do! hope you can get on a lease next year! if not put another beast up on the wall!

Comment

Originally posted by drogers6771 View Post
                        Jasper County low fence is what I heard
                        No, that’s a cull over here.

Comment

Hell yea vato, that's a bad arse buck!!! Congrats

Comment

BEAST!

Congratulations.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
                              LOL, if they get offended that just proves down in their soul they know...

Comment

What a toad!
                                Congrats sir.

Comment

Working...
                                X