Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GRXH 2020, Pitter Patter, Let's Get At'er!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HogStalker View Post
    I don’t even know what kind of boat you have either.
    Mines not worth that much. 17x60 mod v with a 70.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

As much as I hate to say it, I will not be able to make it this year. Due to recent health issues that ended up causing them to put a couple stents in me. And Having my house finally getting to the end of construction.I will truly miss seeing everyone and hope everyone has a great hunt and a lot of fun.Hope to be able to see y’all next year. Long live GHXH!
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Stone Cold Bobby View Post
        As much as I hate to say it, I will not be able to make it this year. Due to recent health issues that ended up causing them to put a couple stents in me. And Having my house finally getting to the end of construction.I will truly miss seeing everyone and hope everyone has a great hunt and a lot of fun.Hope to be able to see y’all next year. Long live GHXH!
        Hate to hear so many OG rangers are out.

Bobby that house looks incredible. I think i am coming down for spring break. You want to fish big lake?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Give me a call, Sounds like fun

Comment

Bobby get well Brother u will be missed!!!

Comment

I'm taking your parking spot. got my new bay boat. don't want it to get scratched. hahahahaha

Comment

So apparently there is some mushrooming interest this year. I lead the Austin Wild Mushrooming meetup with about 1,500 member. So if you want to learn about edible mushrooms, I'm happy to teach a bit. (and Pray for rain just 1-2 days before GRXH.)

I focus newbies on the Fab Four, that don't have deadly look alikes -
                1. Chantys (under Oaks)
                2. Chicken of the woods (usually Oaks)
                3. Morels (under Junipers), and
                4. Oysters (usually Willow).

Only Oysters are in season now. They are offwhite and asymetric. If you want to know more find me. And download the iNaturalist app which will help you heaps.

I do ask any mushroom found by me, before we consider it food for the group. There are health concerns.

Comment

Originally posted by NAVY CHIEF View Post
                  I'm taking your parking spot. got my new bay boat. don't want it to get scratched. hahahahaha

You know that’s impossible in Granger lake. Only a matter of time.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBeekeeper View Post
                    So apparently there is some mushrooming interest this year. I lead the Austin Wild Mushrooming meetup with about 1,500 member. So if you want to learn about edible mushrooms, I'm happy to teach a bit. (and Pray for rain just 1-2 days before GRXH.)

1. Chantys (under Oaks)

Only Oysters are in season now. They are offwhite and asymetric. If you want to know more find me. And download the iNaturalist app which will help you heaps.

I do ask any mushroom found by me, before we consider it food for the group. There are health concerns.

Awesome! Looking forward to it!

Comment

Originally posted by TheBeekeeper View Post

1. Chantys (under Oaks)

When i lived on the chattahoochee north of Atlanta, i'd take my dog out in the natl forest everyday. I'd always see mushrooms on the trails and just could not get it out of my head.. everytime i'd see a good lookin one i'd be thinking about it sizzling in some olive oil with salt and pepper! I had to learn, so i picked up a field guide and read and reread every description of one's similar to what i was seeing... had some success in the spring and it was dang delicious! The first chanterelle i ever ate.. then i went hunting for more!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep, Chanties are my fav followed by Morels. But field guides are now much less useful with the advent of the iNaturalist Ap backed by Nat Geographic. It really helps with the most common 50% found and only the rare shoooms need a guide.

The Autobahn guide is good, but for Texas, you need the Texas Mushroom book by the Metzlers.

Comment

The Metzler book is the one I just got. Gonna DL inaturalist too.

Comment

Holy moly! I'm more stoked to learn about foraging mushies than anything now. Can't wait.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Comment

I only want the native mind enhancing variety. Silly sibing me! Oh, never mind. Might be a legal thing. Jokes aside, locals were nuts over a mushroom found in Indiana at Notre Dame area (yes I worked there for a short) I found several. Can not remember the name. Not only was I a Texan who already was not very welcome but picking there fruits? They were superb. Looked like a sponge. Ate good. A memory. Fun

Comment

and I know I am only a spaced invader here. But have fun agitating you folks. No wonder they ran me home up north. Enjoy the Mrooms. Or maybe the fish and pigs. Good times to all.

Comment

Working...
                                X