X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
    It's a serious question.

Good luck today, 15-20mph S wind all day.
    Well at this point what’s the question? I’ve stated 3x that I took a frontal shot.

The shot I took is a deadly shot, just not the highest percentage one. Everybody knows that. I’m gonna study up their anatomy before I ever think about taking that shot again. Maybe I’ll never try it again, I don’t know. What more can I say.

If it makes everyone feel better, I just missed an opportunity at first light on a nice 8 pt at 7-8 yards because I was so sick about yesterday and almost didn’t make the drive to hunt this morning. Got in a little late and couldn’t get hooked up fast enough. I’m being punished.

Sorry if I sound a little hacked, I just don’t believe that’s a serious question. Sounds like a point is being made, and if so, point taken.
    Last edited by woodsman; 12-08-2019, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Hang in there woodsman! Still plenty of time!! Good luck to all.

Comment

Originally posted by woodsman View Post
        Well at this point what’s the question? I’ve stated 3x that I took a frontal shot.

The shot I took is a deadly shot, just not the highest percentage one. Everybody knows that. I’m gonna study up their anatomy before I ever think about taking that shot again. Maybe I’ll never try it again, I don’t know. What more can I say.

If it makes everyone feel better, I just missed an opportunity at first light on a nice 8 pt at 7-8 yards because I was so sick about yesterday and almost didn’t make the drive to hunt this morning. Got in a little late and couldn’t get hooked up fast enough. I’m being punished.

Sorry if I sound a little hacked, I just don’t believe that’s a serious question. Sounds like a point is being made, and if so, point taken.
        So you’re hunting another buck today?

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
          So you’re hunting another buck today?
          Yes. I was about to post that since I’m elevated, I can now see my arrow. I did not get the penetration that I thought I did. That deer is alive and will be fine.

Comment

Yes. I was about to post that since I’m elevated, I can now see my arrow. I did not get the penetration that I thought I did. That deer is alive and will be fine.

Are you saying you are hunting the same tree and you can see the arrow that you shot your buck with? Did you retrieve yet? If that’s the case, how much penetration does it show?

Good luck today! Hope you get another chance. Don’t hesitate!!

Comment

So are you going to keep it if he finds it? What if you also shoot another buck?

He was adamant with me that if the deer is dead, he’ll find it tomorrow and he was even more adamant that the deer is mine to keep.

Comment

Originally posted by peterp63 View Post
                Are you saying you are hunting the same tree and you can see the arrow that you shot your buck with? Did you retrieve yet? If that’s the case, how much penetration does it show?

Good luck today! Hope you get another chance. Don’t hesitate!!
                no the broadhead end is partially obscured by a tree, but I can see enough with my binos to tell it didn’t get much.

Apparently when he ran, he veered toward me and the arrow fell out closer to me than I thought

Comment

sounds like it must have hit the near shoulder. those big old bucks bones resist arrow penetration really well. hope you are right. he's sore this morning but should do okay.

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
                    So are you going to keep it if he finds it? What if you also shoot another buck?
                    Okay last post on this issue, this is getting ridiculous. Obviously I can only tag one deer. I made every effort to recover him, I would think that’s pretty clear by now, but maybe I assume too much from some here. Feds, state, landowner—all involved. I spent nearly 5 hours on my hands and knees looking for blood. I now have further evidence that the deer is fine.

In the unlikely event that I 1) kill a buck today, and then 2) landowner finds previous buck (not going to happen now), what do YOU think the legal & moral thing to do is? It’s pretty clear to me.

I hope this response pleases the court. I think this issue is closed. If anyone has further hypothetical questions about whether I’m going to follow the law, please feel free to PM me I guess.

Anybody seeing anything any movement?

Comment

Okay last post on this issue, this is getting ridiculous. Obviously I can only tag one deer. I made every effort to recover him, I would think that’s pretty clear by now, but maybe I assume too much from some here. Feds, state, landowner—all involved. I spent nearly 5 hours on my hands and knees looking for blood. I now have further evidence that the deer is fine.

In the unlikely event that I 1) kill a buck today, and then 2) landowner finds previous buck (not going to happen now), what do YOU think the legal & moral thing to do is? It’s pretty clear to me.

I hope this response pleases the court. I think this issue is closed. If anyone has further hypothetical questions about whether I’m going to follow the law, please feel free to PM me I guess.

Sorry Woodsman- everyone has their opinions/advice on here. I’ve just seen a buck and small doe out of range and a huge group of turkey back in BM. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck to y’all today there are still big uns running round out there

Comment

All is quite here. I've seen nada. And a bunch of it.

Comment

This is your hunt, so yesterday didn't work out like planned, if you believe the buck is fine, keep hunting, and never give up. If the landowner does find it, it will be his decision on what to do. Keep Hammerin' and good luck!

Comment

Good Luck Woodsman, at least finding the arrow eases your mind now get your mind back on hunting and forget about the judges on here. And Good luck to all the other hunters.

Comment

Why is everyone sugercoating it? He drew blood so thats his deer. Lesson learned on being patient and taking a better shot. Trying to make yourself feel better because u dont think u got penetration isnt right. That deer could die easily from infection or any number of reasons. Im not trying to be rude but when I draw blood im done no matter if I find the deer or not. If people each wound 4 deer a year because they keep hunting after not finding a deer we wont have anything left to hunt! Sorry rant over. Good luck to the hunters out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X