No announcement yet.

Brisket mixed in deer grind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been going 100% deer the last 5 years or so. It's perfectly fine. Much more healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
      I have been going 100% deer the last 5 years or so. It's perfectly fine. Much more healthy.
      I used to do that, and it is fine for chili, but it was hard to keep the patty together when cooking burgers.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
        How do you evenly distribute that little amount of fat in a batch of deer meat? Dice it up?
        Yes cube it up and mix it in as you grind, works very good.

Comment

Taste like trash - venison needs all the help it can get

Comment

Do you even Keto, bro?

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz83 View Post
              Do you even Keto, bro?
              No. Don't do unhealthy fad diets.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                I used to do that, and it is fine for chili, but it was hard to keep the patty together when cooking burgers.
                No issues for me.

We use it in spaghetti, hamburger helper, tacos, burritos, nachos, meatloaf.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

What's better
                  Deer/ pork mix
                  Deer/ beef mix
                  I picked up my deer from the processor a couple days ago and decided that's the last ****in time I pay for that

Comment

1 brisket. 1 trimmed up deer. Easy to figure out and taste great. BTW, I trim deer like you described.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I finally mixed 1/2 ground venison with 1/2 of 73%/27% Angus, so that equates to ~13% fat content in that batch for my chili. I might should have used less fat in my ground beef. We shall see. I went this route because it was easier.

Then another batch I mixed 1/2 ground venison with 1/2 pork sausage similar to what Arrowsmith did. I will use this for hamburgers. I will update after I cook it.
                      Good lort, just like my **** kids. Ask for advice and do what you want to anyways.

Same reason I started adding to deer meat. My city wife complained the patties wouldn’t hold together and it didn’t taste like the stuff from the store.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
                        Good lort, just like my **** kids. Ask for advice and do what you want to anyways.
                        Hey now. I got lots of advice and then took that which was easiest and cheapest.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
                          I do 70/30,
                          venison/bacon
                          All I've ever done
                          This is what I do and have never noticed it overpowered the venison.

Comment

After a tip I got on here a few years ago, I had ground deer made with 10% smoked bacon. I only used it for burgers but it was great. My mother grilled some of it at her church one time and got a few “best burger” I have ever had compliments.

She passed away a couple of years ago.... never giving away our secret.

Comment

This is why I love TBH it is so easy to get a consensus .

Comment

I did the beef tallow for several years and it would start to go rancid after about 6 months in the freezer.
                                Same with pork fat ruined a batch of pan sausage mixing extra fat with venison and pork butt.
                                I now mix 30 to 35lbs of venison to 10lbs of fatty brisket and have no problems
                                I buy the $1.00 lb pork butts with old plantation sausage mix for my pan sausage without the venison.
                                I dont have time to vacume seal due to processing by myself. I rotate meat lugs in freezer to keep meat chilled as i am bagging.
                                We eat about 150 -200 lbs of venison burger a year.

Comment

Working...
                                X