• Time
  • Show
Clear All

you can never be too meticulous
    and we usually do 70/30

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
      I cube/chunk up my deer meat and my brisket. I mix the chunks together and then grind. It’s not all that hard to shove a piece or two of deer meat down the throat then a chunk or two of brisket. Repeat. If I think I need to mix more after the grind, I will divide the grind into smaller batches to make mixing easier and more efficient.
      Exactly how I do it, including removing the hard fat from the brisket first. Always turns out perfect IMO. Enough fat for flavor and binding but not greasy.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
        Where do you get the beef tallow?? And how do you add it to the venison grind??
        Grocery stores like HEB, Sprouts, and even Amazon.

Comment

I have had venison mixed with brisket, beef trimmings, and beef tallow.

I much prefer the last two over the brisket mix. 80/20 or 75/25 is perfect for burgers, tacos, chili, and spaghetti.

Comment

i use the whole brisket

Comment

I just call up my local HEB butcher and asked him to save me the trimmings off of several briskets. Usually cost me about $8-9.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                Do you grind up the whole brisket, then try to apportion it with the venison to evenly mix the fat?
                I grind it all with a chili plate then mix well and grind with hamburger plate. I usually got 70-30 or their about not really a science but it comes out great.

Comment

Randy- I put on a chili plate. Grind the brisket and deer into a large round tube. Get the 1/2 hp drill and Sheetrock mud paddle and mix it up. Grind and package off a hamburger blade.

Comment

I trim the real hard fat off the brisket and that’s about it.
                    This!!!!

Comment

TAgged

Comment

I trim the real hard fat off the brisket and that’s about it.

Originally posted by glen View Post
                        Randy- I put on a chili plate. Grind the brisket and deer into a large round tube. Get the 1/2 hp drill and Sheetrock mud paddle and mix it up. Grind and package off a hamburger blade.

this is what I do. IVe used the whole brisket when I had enough venison or left a chunk of brisket to smoke later

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
                          We just use beef fat, around 10%. Its really cheap too
                          this
                          mix beef fat and save $$

Comment

I've always just cubed the whole brisket fat and all... then deboned and picked through my venison cutting all the silver skin an anything else I wouldn't like to eat out.. then throw it in the grinder with the bigger plate then regrind one more time with the smaller plate

Comment

I chunk up the WHOLE brisket including ALL the fat and mix with the deer meat. Same size chunks. Then grind them together. I like the sweet beef fat mixed in. Makes great burgers.

Have the meat as cold as possible, brisket can get soft and mushy when ground.

Comment

We do ours like what Skinny described above. I try to stick to 3lbs deer to 1 lb brisket ratio.

Comment

Working...
                                X