This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigL View Post
    What's worse for a QB to say, "we're back" or "I'm the best QB in the SEC"?

I think Mond's is worse. Thinking of himself instead of the team's progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
      Top 25 versus not top 25. It seems to be their measuring stick. I figure it still has to benefit 1 loss OU to beat another ranked opponent and then another in the ccg.

Lmao at the impeachment remarks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      I understand what you are saying, but surely the committee is smart enough to diagnose the difference between a team and their ranking with or without their starting QB(see what I did there)

Not to mention their 'top 25' is questionable at best
      Last edited by eradicator; 11-21-2019, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Well this is what he said when asked if he was one of the best qbs during SEC media days. "In my opinion, I'm the best one". I think there is a difference than the made up statement you quoted.

Thinking of himself? Mond is the most or one of the most pressured qbs in the SEC and I haven't seen him once complain. He gets up and gets back to business.

Comment

You mean this?

“I feel, in my opinion, I’m the best one,” Mond said via a video posted to Twitter by TexAgs. “That’s not just because I’m a confident person but I actually believe that. I feel like my teammates believe in me too and Coach Fisher does. Like I just told him, I can come out here and say that in front of the media but I have to go out and prove it out on the field, the SEC has a lot great quarterbacks and they’ve all proven that throughout the years, but I feel like I’m the best.”

So a young man can’t be confident in his craft? If you don’t believe in yourself, you’ll always fail.

And yes I’d rather have my QB say he and his teammates believe he is the best, rather than a knucklehead saying “weeeeeeeee’re baaaaaaack” like some elementary school short bus rider.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
            You mean this?

“I feel, in my opinion, I’m the best one,” Mond said via a video posted to Twitter by TexAgs. “That’s not just because I’m a confident person but I actually believe that. I feel like my teammates believe in me too and Coach Fisher does. Like I just told him, I can come out here and say that in front of the media but I have to go out and prove it out on the field, the SEC has a lot great quarterbacks and they’ve all proven that throughout the years, but I feel like I’m the best.”

So a young man can’t be confident in his craft? If you don’t believe in yourself, you’ll always fail.

And yes I’d rather have my QB say he and his teammates believe he is the best, rather than a knucklehead saying “weeeeeeeee’re baaaaaaack” like some elementary school short bus rider.

You left out hey Longhorn Nation ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

...as bad as all that is..
              At least your not here...watching 7th grade girl basketball...
              Yes ..thats the end of the 2nd period...

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                ...as bad as all that is..
                At least your not here...watching 7th grade girl basketball...
                Yes ..thats the end of the 2nd period...

I was fortunate enough to spend my Monday evening watching my daughters 7th grade basketball game as well!! Electric

Final score was 42-32 bad guys

Comment

You mean this?

You sir are out of line with the elementary school short bus rider comment. You never know who may read something like that who has or had a child ride one, like myself, whose son had a terminal genetic disorder and is no longer us. Do I want your sympathy? No. Did you hurt my feelings? No. I am just pointing something out like all the aggies that called the guy out the other day about the bonfire tragedy. It was uncalled for and so was your comment.

Comment

Originally posted by jabel View Post
                    You sir are out of line with the elementary school short bus rider comment. You never know who may read something like that who has or had a child ride one, like myself, whose son had a terminal genetic disorder and is no longer us. Do I want your sympathy? No. Did you hurt my feelings? No. I am just pointing something out like all the aggies that called the guy out the other day about the bonfire tragedy. It was uncalled for and so was your comment.
                    Lighten up Francis, it’s a joke. We don’t have snowflakes on this site......or do we?

And FYI, making a joke about 12 kids losing their life and a short bus joke are not even in the same universe.....and yes I have a nephew who rides the short bus, I asked his dad and he’s cool with it. It’s all about what’s in your heart.....don’t judge people.

I see people use the word “retarded” and make fun of gays constantly on this site also.....doesn’t offend me in the least, but I see your point and I appreciate and respect your opinion.
                    Last edited by RLB; 11-21-2019, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Speaking of other sports.....Click image for larger version

Name:	459A9DF3-09A6-4649-B462-6B763A0BB12D.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	24599975

Can y’all make out what team name that is on the back of that girls jersey?

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                        I understand what you are saying, but surely the committee is smart enough to diagnose the difference between a team and their ranking with or without their starting QB(see what I did there)

Not to mention their 'top 25' is questionable at best

Sorry, not sure they’re smart enough. Very schifftyesque!

Comment

Lighten up Francis, it’s a joke. We don’t have snowflakes on this site......or do we?

And FYI, making a joke about 12 kids losing their life and a short bus joke are not even in the same universe.....and yes I have a nephew who rides the short bus, I asked his dad and he’s cool with it. It’s all about what’s in your heart.....don’t judge people.

I see people use the word “retarded” and make fun of gays constantly on this site also.....doesn’t offend me in the least, but I see your point and I appreciate and respect your opinion.
                          I laughed at your first response but I see that you edited it. I appreciate that you see my point. It did not offend me one bit and I wasn’t judging you at all. I wasn’t comparing the tragedy to the short bus. I was just trying to get across that someone could get hurt by that short bus comment. My skin is as thick as anyone’s on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                            Sorry, not sure they’re smart enough. Very schifftyesque!

touche'

Comment

You mean this?

Grasping at straws there. What’s the difference? One said they were the best QB in the conference and the other said their team is back. I for one want a confident QB, if they believe that they are the best or their team is good enough to be back in the national spotlight that’s a good thing. What do you want to hear from your QB, we’re gonna suck like we have for the last 80 years?

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                                I had heard they had gone up to 20-1 but cannot find it.

Comment

Working...
                                X