PET / CT Results today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, what a story.

I kept reading making mental notes of all of the times you ignored the warning signs. I am so glad you finally got it checked and even more thankful you were able to find a treatment that worked. God is good!

Comment

We will keep you in our prayers!

Comment

Glad you posted this and very happy at your outcome. Prayers for you to stay that course!!!

My grandfather had melanoma and it didn't end well. That statement is a good thing and bad thing. Because he had it, I knew what to look for. Because he had it, he is no longer with us.

I was diagnosed 20 years ago. I would not have been so adamant to get that small mole removed had I not been educated in such a harsh way. Because I did know what to look for, I got mine removed early and lost a considerable amount of calf tissue. But because I was so proactive about it....it was caught before spreading.

Education is key....early detection is key....being your own best advocate is key.

I hope everyone reads your story and considers making a dermatologist appointment. Skin checks are painless and can literally save your life.

Comment

Todd, Praise God for His healing in you and for you to share what God did in your life! May God bless you with many years!

Mary, that also is a good word that you posted! I too have an annual exam by my dermatologist as skin cancer is in my genes too...

Comment

Great story! Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my LM-X410.FG using Tapatalk

Comment

Praise God! Thanks for sharing. Continued prayers!

Comment

Wow! Glad to hear you are doing well. Gods power is amazing!

Comment

Great news Todd, Happy Thanksgiving to you and the family.

Hogboy

Comment

What a great report!!!!

Comment

Wow, awesome story and thanks to those for sharing their stories.

Had you gotten a dr involved with the first bleeder mole would your path to recovery had been a shorter one? (learning from your walk here)

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
                        Glad you posted this and very happy at your outcome. Prayers for you to stay that course!!!

My grandfather had melanoma and it didn't end well. That statement is a good thing and bad thing. Because he had it, I knew what to look for. Because he had it, he is no longer with us.

I was diagnosed 20 years ago. I would not have been so adamant to get that small mole removed had I not been educated in such a harsh way. Because I did know what to look for, I got mine removed early and lost a considerable amount of calf tissue. But because I was so proactive about it....it was caught before spreading.

Education is key....early detection is key....being your own best advocate is key.

I hope everyone reads your story and considers making a dermatologist appointment. Skin checks are painless and can literally save your life.
                        So true, Mary! Thank you!

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                        Wow, awesome story and thanks to those for sharing their stories.

Had you gotten a dr involved with the first bleeder mole would your path to recovery had been a shorter one? (learning from your walk here)
                        DaveC. I really don't know. I possibly would have had surgery, as Mary did, to remove as much affected tissue as possible, including but not limited to the lymph nodes under my arm. I don't know the rate of progression the cancer took in my individual case. EARLY DETECTION is the key. Had I had the raised mole check upon first noticing it, I possibly could have gotten away with just a mole removal and never having to see an oncologist.

One thing I did not mention in my original post: The mole, after having raised and starting to bleed, disappeared! ( I guess I did post that earlier) This added to my lackadaisical attitude. The oncologist theorized that my own immune system (on the skins layer) killed it on the surface. Whatever the case, if there is ever ANY doubt, have that dermatologist appointment!

Thank you all for the kind words!

Todd
                        Last edited by rtarcher; 11-18-2019, 09:29 AM. Reason: I re-read my first post

Comment

Thanks for posting this. Glad your scans are clean. That is great news and a great reminder to get checked regularly.

My wife made me start going to the dermatologist around a year ago. I hadn’t been to one in about 10 yrs. 1st couple visits were routine checks no problem, but two weeks ago the Dr saw a mole she didn’t like and sliced it off to test. Came back positive for melanoma. This morning I had a big section of skin taken out of my belly and stitched shut. Stage 1 melanoma. The surgeon is confident he got it all, but time will tell. The key is to get it identified early. I thought it is more common later in life but I was wrong. I’m 39.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X