Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
    [ATTACH]980253[/ATTACH]

Yeah, and Im surprised my camera was still there.
    You are not alone. We have had gas surveyors on our lease since July and they just finished Monday. They have worked 7 days a week 10 hours a day since then driving huge buggies and walking every square inch of the land. They will pull up 20 feet from you while in stand and start drilling then dropping charges into the holes. Better yet my daughters stand faces a big flooded bottom the deer like to travel. Being here shooting land is the easiest access to that water they love to drive their big water buggies there and throw the sump pump in the swamp and fill up their carts while we are in stand. It's been a nightmare. We were told Sunday they were out but sure enough 7:45 monday morning while in my climber a dozer passed right under me coming fix ruts all the buggies made. But of course they all say the machinery doesn't even bother the deer and they will be back in your areas in no time.

Comment

Where you hunting? They are logging on a lease right next to me also.

Comment

No good

Comment

Hard pass

Comment

That bites

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
              I can’t count the number of deer I’ve seen walk within 40 yards of those skidders and never pay them attention

It gonna be better I promise.... Unless those were the preferred pine cones in that area
              I used to hunt off em when they weren't working! That a fancy one their with a cab!

Comment

Same thing happened to me 5 years ago. Loggers moved into my area just as I took 2 weeks vacation to hunt. I was pretty upset, but it was the best thing for my spot. As soon as all the logging activity was over I was covered up in deer...and had far fewer hogs.

Comment

I wrote in the East Texas page about having the same happening at my Lease. I feel your pain.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                    Through some Oats down when they are done
                    I did...might be a little late. Whatcha think?

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRanger View Post
                      Come back to Batson! We need some real hunters.
                      I would like to, just a bit out of my budget

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                        According to the Forester and the logging foreman, "These machines don't bother deer"

In a week I have 2 deer pics, HA!

The one thing I can say, it will be awesome! Next year
                        That’s the right attitude there. Big picture, it’s going to be great!

Comment

Originally posted by Kurdawg View Post
                          Where you hunting? They are logging on a lease right next to me also.
                          Newton, county rd 1010

Comment

When I hunted public ground a lot, I looked for cut timber. I know the possibilities are endless, its just, right at deer season and on my vacation? Really?

I have planted right where that skidder went, just concerned its a little late.

Comment

Rigged out

Rather have a skidder then a rig move in for months
                              This was before all the trailers , semis, then welding rigs , then comes a pipeline
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 11-14-2019, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Gotta be mobile in East tx.

Comment

Working...
                                X