Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

East Texas deer vs South Texas deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

East Texas deer vs South Texas deer

It's been my observation that East Texas deer a lot harder to shoot with a bow than South Texas deer. Ivana South numerous times and have mature bucks walk 5 yards from a tent on the ground that was barely brushed in. I've had deer in East Texas look 30-foot up a tree and see you and run off blowing. East Texas deer seem to taste a lot better in South Texas deer. Now this is just my opinion... Remember this is around the campfire

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

East Texas Rednecks do a great job training the deer.

Comment

i believe it ive been too a heavily hunted south texas day ranch, set up a pop up at noon and had a buddy shoot a mature 11 point out of it that afternoon. but i will say i think it has alot to do with deer density as well.

Comment

More deer south than east.

Comment

Those East Texas deer are something else

Comment

Never had the opportunity to hunt deer in S. Tx., but will this Dec when I go on the draw hunt I won at the Chap.
            But have hunted E.Tx. my whole life. To me, it's easier to arrow a buck than it is a doe. Seems like a doe will pick you out everytime. I usually don't have any trouble drawing on a buck, UNLESS he's with a doe.

Comment

Most east Texas deer originated from south Texas stock.

Wrap your mind around that

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                Never had the opportunity to hunt deer in S. Tx., but will this Dec when I go on the draw hunt I won at the Chap.
                But have hunted E.Tx. my whole life. To me, it's easier to arrow a buck than it is a doe. Seems like a doe will pick you out everytime. I usually don't have any trouble drawing on a buck, UNLESS he's with a doe.
                I've noticed this too. Not saying the bucks are dumb but them does are a different ball game especially when hunting them from a ground blind

Comment

East Texas deer are the smartest deer in the world IMO. I thinks it is from being pressured by human activity (poachers, timber companies, etc.). That being said, I have never been fortunate enough to hunt south texas deer.

Comment

Would imagine populations numbers play a big difference and that east tx deer are considered a sub species due to the massive adaptation they have produce due to 100's of years of excessive poaching

Comment

Tell the people hunting First Point or the Lincoln ranch that. I think no matter where you hunt, pressure a deer herd heavily and they will respond accordingly regardless of geographical location.

Comment

Ive hunted east and south. Down south they take more pressure and only seem to blow at ya when the feeder is empty

Comment

This will be a good one

Comment

You don't see Lee and Tiffany doing to many shows from the pinewoods.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                              You don't see Lee and Tiffany doing to many shows from the pinewoods.

Thats cause Lee is too much a prettyboy and under armor dont make youpon camo

Comment

Working...
                              X