No announcement yet.

East Texas deer vs South Texas deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's all about pressure. The mature bucks at our ranch in Llano were just as smart as the deer I grew up hunting in east texas. The bucks at our place in Llano were dodging .243 and 30-30 rounds since they grew nubs.

East texas deer are pressured because of all the spotlighting poachers and redneck hillbillies chasing them around. Also, East Texas bucks don't hit feeders like other parts of the state. Plus, the numbers aren't near as high as compared to South Texas or the central Texas.
    Last edited by Arrowthreat; 11-14-2019, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Never hunted a STx whitetail, but it seems the SETx whitetail is a tad more spooky, very hard to hunt. Most are feeder wary, which isn't the case for their STx cousins.

Comment

Y'all ain't figured it out yet. It has NOTHING to do with pressure!

East Texas deer are just a lot smarter than South Texas deer...just like the people!

Comment

Exactly. There’s no deer in East Tx anyways, just poachers and meth heads

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
          I was telling my dentist the other day, if I had to go back to hunting east Texas, I would give it up and fish full time.

Comment

Originally posted by bollomb View Post
            Exactly. There’s no deer in East Tx anyways, just poachers and meth heads
            They're dang sure easier to find than a deer!!!

I agree with the above! If I had to hunt around here I would just fish! I grew up in NW La looking down a fire break in pine trees and remember seasons I hunted every weekend nearly and didn't see a deer much less shoot one! Didn't take me long to become a duck hunter!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
              They're dang sure easier to find than a deer!!!

I agree with the above! If I had to hunt around here I would just fish! I grew up in NW La looking down a fire break in pine trees and remember seasons I hunted every weekend nearly and didn't see a deer much less shoot one! Didn't take me long to become a duck hunter!
              A man really has to love bowhunting to bowhunt in SETx. Especially in Newton County

Comment

East Texas = Hunting Deer !

South Texas = Shooting Deer !

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post

Couldn't have said it better.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Any deer is easy when shoot on a lease under a feeder.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
                        Any deer is easy when shoot on a lease under a feeder.
                        you not correct.

Comment

If you can kill deer in East Texas, you can kill deer anywhere.

If you can kill deer in South Texas, you can grocery shop anywhere.

Comment

I laugh at the "it's easy to kill deer if they come to a feeder" guys.

The deer in my avatar was hunted hard for a year and a month. Never saw him except on cams year before last. I spent 10 days in the woods mid October last year and never saw him but he was on cams at night. I finally got him the evening before the gun opener.

Comment

Sign me up for deer shooting sir! I'd rather catch crappie all day too than chunk and wind beating the water to a froth for a couple ditch pickles as well!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                                Sign me up for deer shooting sir! I'd rather catch crappie all day too than chunk and wind beating the water to a froth for a couple ditch pickles as well!
                                You go back to crappie fishing [emoji2957]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X