Property Taxes at Work - SMH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doublearrow View Post
    if they taxed you on making stupid post you'd be out even more taxes this morning.
    lmmfao

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
      So really what is the point? The taxes are paid by ownership or rent you don’t get to decide what social classes go to the school and that still assuming you’re better off than they really are.
      The point is there are disadvantaged folks that were born and raised here in my community that are US citizens and they and their families have been here for many many generations. Lets enforce our laws and figure out how to better use our resources (tax $$$) on our citizens before FIRST. Once we figure that out then lets open up the borders and take care of the rest of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
        My problem with the plate is it pretty much guarantees at some point they will be making a left out of the far right lane or be in the far left turn only lane and keep going straight. But hey, at least they’re tagged and I can keep an eye out for it.
        I understand that. I once drove in Mexico City......once. Seven cars wide on a five lane highway. Stop lights seemed to be more of a suggestion. However, I drive in Houston and surrounding suburbs everyday and there is no more dangerous drivers in the world than a soccer mom with an iphone.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
          I guess my question is why are you so mad about someone that you don't even know if they're illegal? My kids go to school with two kids that moved here from Monterey last year. They have visas. Their parents have visas and good jobs. They travel back and forth to Mexico via air travel. They pay about $30k a year for private school for the two kids. The kids are good athletes and great students. The parents have multiple degrees and just built a beautiful new home in our neighborhood. I remember them having a Mexican license plate for quite a while...much like people that move here from other states. I'm just curious how you know the folks in that minivan are illegal? Serious question.
          I don't know without asking them. It could an incorrect assumption based on what I have deduced from seeing them at least weekly in the drop off line at school since August. I wouldn't know for certain unless I confronted them or school administration. I mean the lady I saw falling all over herself on the side of the road the other day with two cops watching over here was probably diabetic and hypoglycemic and just needed some sugar in her system but I thought she was drunk.

Comment

Originally posted by doublearrow View Post
            If they taxed you on making stupid post you'd be out even more taxes this morning.
            Great thing about this place we are all entitled to our opinions and can usually share them in a civilized manner without them getting whacked by the mods.

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
              I don't know without asking them. It could an incorrect assumption based on what I have deduced from seeing them at least weekly in the drop off line at school since August. I wouldn't know for certain unless I confronted them or school administration. I mean the lady I saw falling all over herself on the side of the road the other day with two cops watching over here was probably diabetic and hypoglycemic and just needed some sugar in her system but I thought she was drunk.
              It was just a question. My town is full of illegals, but there are also many in my town that surprised me by being legal. They own property and businesses and nicer cars than me and pay taxes. I can't always tell the difference and have a habit of assuming the worst too.

Other lady was probably drunk.

Comment

All this over a freaking license plate?!

Man if this is how your morning started out, I have a feeling your day may not get much better.

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                  I’m just confused on the post. I don’t even have kids in school and my property taxes go to fund it. Guess I don’t care who goes
                  And that's the problem. People don't care anymore...we are overrun with apathy.

Comment

Painting with a broad brush and a narrow mind.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                      I guess my question is why are you so mad about someone that you don't even know if they're illegal? My kids go to school with two kids that moved here from Monterey last year. They have visas. Their parents have visas and good jobs. They travel back and forth to Mexico via air travel. They pay about $30k a year for private school for the two kids. The kids are good athletes and great students. The parents have multiple degrees and just built a beautiful new home in our neighborhood. I remember them having a Mexican license plate for quite a while...much like people that move here from other states. I'm just curious how you know the folks in that minivan are illegal? Serious question.
                      Your eventual in-laws?

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
                        Painting with a broad brush and a narrow mind.
                        If you took time to read the entire thread you'd probably have a different opinion...but...maybe not.

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
                          The point is there are disadvantaged folks that were born and raised here in my community that are US citizens and they and their families have been here for many many generations. Lets enforce our laws and figure out how to better use our resources (tax $$$) on our citizens before FIRST. Once we figure that out then lets open up the borders and take care of the rest of the world.
                          I think most peoples point that are disagreeing with you is that your first inclination upon seeing a mexico plate was to assume that they are here illegally and scamming the system. Hell, for all you know, they might be paying 40k a year in property taxes and making fun of the angry pinche gringo they see in line at school everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                            Your eventual in-laws?

Hahahahaha...no.[emoji52]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
                              I think most peoples point that are disagreeing with you is that your first inclination upon seeing a mexico plate was to assume that they are here illegally and scamming the system. Hell, for all you know, they might be paying 40k a year in property taxes and making fun of the angry pinche gringo they see in line at school everyday.
                              And we all know what happens when I assume...I make an ***,ofu,andme.

Its absolutely possible that the folks in the minivan that have been dropping kids off at school since august with out of country tags that havent been register here in the states are us citizens and property owners and paying boat loads of taxes. I should reserve my judgement and not ever judge a person's nationality by thier plates!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Probably just the Nanny.

Comment

Working...
                                X