Game Warden Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paycheck View Post
    I shoot a deer at lease, debone it and take it to processor to make burgers out of. I debone to save money. This is illegal?
    It's illegal to debone at the hunting lease. Once at your final destination you can process and just deboning is processing. You can then carry the meat to a processor and the state will not require a tag with the meat but some processor will require it.

Comment

I shoot a deer at lease, debone it and take it to processor to make burgers out of. I debone to save money. This is illegal?

If your lease is not your house, then yes, it is illegal to debone there!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Last edited by clintb; 11-13-2019, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Tags? What tags?

Comment

What to do after the kill
            https://tpwd.texas.gov/regulations/o...killing-a-deer

https://tpwd.texas.gov/regulations/o...anentResidence

Final destination
            The permanent residence of the hunter; the permanent residence of any other person receiving the animal/bird carcass part of an animal/bird carcass; or a cold storage or processing facility.

Permanent residence
            One’s principal or ordinary home or dwelling place. This does not include one’s temporary abode or dwelling such as a hunting/fishing club, or any club house, cabin, tent, car, truck, or trailer house used as a hunting/fishing club, or any hotel, motel, or rooming house used during a hunting, fishing, pleasure, or business trip.
            Last edited by Palmetto; 11-13-2019, 09:26 AM.

Comment

If you are on this site, you have a computer or at least access to one. Copy & paste and download the pdf and read it for yourself. Hate for a member to get a ticket for something that is "incorrectly posted" by other members. Not that any member on this site would ever be mistaken.

Well... maybe one..
              Last edited by Still Hunter; 11-13-2019, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
                What gets me you can debone a deer and take the whole dang thing to a processor and nothing is needed. No tag or anything. Crazy laws we have.
                No the tag is needed for this, look in this years outdoor annual. It says to keep your tag for this scenario, not sure if this is something new.

Also says bucks head/antlers can't be cut off at the processor until animal is skinned/quartered there. We have never done this at the processor, always already had antlers cut off and taken home.

Comment

Okay, for you guys who say it is okay to debone your deer as long as you don't go beyond quarters...well, I just spoke with TPWD and my local game warden.

BOTH my local game warden AND the Lieutenant at TPWD said it is absolutely illegal to debone the deer until it is at its final destination. The bones MUST still be in the quarters.

Comment

Avoid all Game Wardens. Just my $.02

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                      Okay, for you guys who say it is okay to debone your deer as long as you don't go beyond quarters...well, I just spoke with TPWD and my local game warden.

BOTH my local game warden AND the Lieutenant at TPWD said it is absolutely illegal to debone the deer until it is at its final destination. The bones MUST still be in the quarters.

100% correct. You can do nothing more than quarter a deer in the field.

Comment

Yep, unless you have a freezer there and that's where the meat will be stored.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                          If your lease is not your house, then yes, it is illegal to debone there!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          That is what I was told by that possum policeman too.

Then again I called the man to find out if an out of state hunter need a hunting license to hunt hogs, he had to call the"main office" to verify. Sho nuff he called back and said no license required.

Comment

You fellas stop complaining, its to help with the Texas deer shortage !

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                              That is what I was told by that possum policeman too.

Then again I called the man to find out if an out of state hunter need a hunting license to hunt hogs, he had to call the"main office" to verify. Sho nuff he called back and said no license required.
                              What is a possum policeman? Curious minds want to know.

Comment

kinda like the law where you're not supposed to take a dead deer off the road that you hit or it hits you. Dumbest thing I ever heard of.

Comment

Working...
                                X