X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2019 College Football Week 12

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
    How is Georgia at 4 with a loss at home to 4-6 South Carolina, while bama lost to #1 by 5?

Texas at 19? Lol lost to unranked tcu and beat a 6-3 Kansas state for their best win, who beat miss state by a touch down, and are currently a 7 point under dog to Iowa state whose 5-4 lmao

Should be an interesting last few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure why Miss St (other than 4-5 Miss St being the Ags best win) is worth referencing, but Kstate knocked off a contender...

Agreed, put Texas at 25, 19 is a bit greedy. I'm really not shocked Texas is a -7 point road dog(opened at ISU -5.5), but they have played this current staff pretty well compared to most.

Hopefully, it's simply more of the same.

How Texas has played vs Iowa State compared to other programs:

Texas has outscored Iowa State 68-23 last 3 meetings with a 24-0 loss in 2015 with Paul Rhoads as HC and two losses overall to ISU.

Iowa State has outscored TCU 97-89 last 4 meetings

OU vs Iowa State last 4 meetings... 144-130

Texas will only be favored once in the next three weeks.
    Last edited by Chad C; 11-13-2019, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
      ItI just screen shorted this post ...
      It's gonna be fun throwing it back in your face in January .....

Some of you boys don't realize the thread from Micheal is about y'all.....
      Perhaps you're the one that needs to grow up...

Mary was right....y'all create more drama then 10 year old school girls.....
      That keyboard is your best friend...cuz you would never talk like that to a man's face
      So you’re saying they’re the one causing problems and the thread is about them?

Yet you act like a 15 YO girl saying, “I just screen shortted this post.. it’s gonna be fun throwing it back in your face in January...”

What Blake says has some merit to it, if it was another big name at another school. You wouldn’t be saying poor kid or anything like that, you’d be completely silent about it.

And it’s hard to argue that LSU shouldn’t be ranked 1, they have the best resume, does it mean they are the best? No, but they 100% deserve to be ranked number 1, being 1-4 doesn’t matter, as long as you’re in the top 4 you’ll get your opportunity to show you’re the best.

Comment

Regardless of how Texas is playing, they've only lost by 10 points or more 4 times since this staff took the reigns and one of those was a rematch in the Big 12 CCG.

Year one 2017: first game on the road to Maryland by 10, on the road to TCU by 17.
        Year two 2018: Big 12 CCG to OU by 12
        Year three 2019: on the road to TCU by 10

They make it tough on gamblers that follow vegas lines! I know ETM wouldn't touch ISU and the points, would you?
        Last edited by Chad C; 11-13-2019, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
          I'm not sure why Miss St (other than 4-5 Miss St being the Ags best win) is worth referencing, but Kstate knocked off a contender...

Agreed, put Texas at 25, 19 is a bit greedy. I'm really not shocked Texas is a -7 point road dog(opened at ISU -5.5), but they have played this current staff pretty well compared to most.

Hopefully, it's simply more of the same.

How Texas has played vs Iowa State compared to other programs:

Texas has outscored Iowa State 68-23 last 3 meetings with a 24-0 loss in 2015 with Paul Rhoads as HC and two losses overall to ISU.

Iowa State has outscored TCU 97-89 last 4 meetings

OU vs Iowa State last 4 meetings... 144-130

Texas will only be favored once in the next three weeks.
          Where any team is "ranked" is irrelevant to what Vegas thinks the spread should be. Vegas are experts at what they do, rankers are sports hacks who "think" they know what they're doing.

Comment

Vegas certainly knows how to take your money.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
              Vegas certainly knows how to take your money.
              They certainly do....because most of us, me included, have a tendency to bet with our hearts and not our heads!!

Comment

I figured that was enough of the LSU booties. LOL.

Last years 158 bowkill is now my avatar.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                  I figured that was enough of the LSU booties. LOL.

Last years 158 bowkill is now my avatar.
                  I like much better!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy View Post
                    RLB we were joking last week but Tarleton is playing A&M in 2025 at Kyle Field. Crazy.
                    Why is that crazy? They just went to D1 status.....TSU will be playing TCU same time frame, same scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                      Why is that crazy? They just went to D1 status.....TSU will be playing TCU same time frame, same scenario.

I meant crazy in the sense we were just discussing it a few days ago.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                        Where any team is "ranked" is irrelevant to what Vegas thinks the spread should be. Vegas are experts at what they do, rankers are sports hacks who "think" they know what they're doing.

This is very true!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy View Post
                          I meant crazy in the sense we were just discussing it a few days ago.
                          Ahhhhh.....ok, that makes sense now!!

Comment

I get why the rankings bother folks, lol. There are four 6-3 teams ranked in the top 25 for the time being and Texas has beat 2 of them. Bummer.

Comment

Cyclones are going with all black alternates for the game in Ames this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                                Cyclones are going with all black alternates for the game in Ames this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                                That's what they wore against TCU. so bizarre

Comment

Working...
                                X