Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rules are needed sometimes

Comment

Buying your own land can have plenty of cons as it can have pros.
      You are stuck with your neighbors, especially if it's smaller acreage, and yes you may hunt a few years with wonderful neighbors until life changes take place, such as family decides to disrupt what was once a quiet old man next door who passes away, and then the younger generation moves in and destroys your solitude, or leases it to those guys who you dropped off your lease to avoid.
      Trespassers, target practice, and ATV's can effect your own private land even from some distances away from your property.
      Keeping up with the fences, taxes, insurance, and natural events can take it's toll as well.
      Moving to another lease would be my first move before looking for a Utopia that may or may not exist.
      Last edited by Jimbo47; 11-24-2019, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
        I feel your pain...last year I was on a lease with good potential. Unfortunately, the SxS convoy was a nonstop day and night, music blaring, drunken cruise up and down the road. Apparently the rules meant nothing to anyone...I don’t give a hoot how much someone drinks at the lease, but the SxS riding while drunk and blaring music was nonsense. I decided to take a break this year and I’m hunting at my in-laws farm. Next year I may give it a shot again, I just hope I can find a place where they at least respect other lease members
        And this is exactly why any lease that I run will not allow SxS's.. When used like you mentioned they are the best way to run deer completely out of the county and screw up a good piece of hunting property..
        Low impact hunting is my belief.. I'm old school I guess. I remember when SxS's didn't even exist..

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo6 View Post
          Another pet peeve is that magically, opening day everyone needs to drive out to their blind and swap cards, fix feeders, scout new spots, repair blind windows, etc. You literally have months to do this but wait until I'm in the woods hunting to do so.

Another one is night hunting hogs. I don't care if there is a dedicated spot to do so, but to rip through the fields at 12 am cruising for pigs is just pushing our AM deer off the land. Once again, do this during the off season.

I really don't have any place else to hunt. Would love to buy my own place but can only afford a 30-40 acre parcel and just feel like thats not large enough.
          It sounds like you are on a BEER lease and not a deer lease... I would be gone already..

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo6 View Post
            Well I’m off the lease.

Turns out they gave me the boot because I “take this too seriously” and they are just looking to hang out and have a good time. Aka drink and shoot deer from camp.

2020 lease or property search begins
            WTH?? Man what a screwed up deal!!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X