Confessions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve been lucky to have not forgotten any of my bow hunting gear yet

I did end up taking a good nap one hunt because I was in such a hurry to leave the truck I grabbed a box of .270 ammo and my 6.5 cm rifle...

I’ve also paid my fair share of replacement license costs because I left them in the wrong bag. Now I keep it in my wallet at all times. Worst case is I have to walk back to the car if it isn’t in my pocket
    Last edited by hooligan; 11-07-2019, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Left my release in camp. Went back to get it. When I walked to my set up, I jumped my target out from under the feeder. Didn't cry...for very long.

Comment

Your story sounds very familiar. A couple of years ago I took off work early and raced to the lease for the evening sit - had to drive like a hellion to make it in time. Jumped out of the truck,grabbed my bow and backpack then reached for my quiver.......... I drove slower on the way home.

Comment

Climbed up in my tripod with my rifle, got situated and realized I did not have any bullets. End of hunt.

Comment

I was guiding on a youth hunt, forgot bullets. Luckily, we only saw really nice bucks (doe only hunt).

Comment

I drove to my lease, walked to my stand and decided to pee before I crawled on up. I had had this nagging itch for a few days prior and while I’m peeing, and scratching, I looked down and finally figured out the source of my itch. Yes... you can see them. I drove to a certain grocery store and stole the medicine to fix the issue because I was to embarrassed to go through the check out. Went home and took care of that little problem. I got rid of the real problem the next day!

Comment

Let's see, this whole dang month of October was a bust for me. It was always something... My feeder with the most activity, multiple deer every morning and evening like clockwork, and every time I went out there, something went wrong. Once it was the popup blind getting blown off the platform I had built for it. Next it was the ladder I built for it breaking and me falling 8 ft. Then the replacement popup blind was blown off it for the 2nd time. Didn't get a chance at my best feeder the whole month.

Comment

At age 15, I cut my shoulder open after my first bow-kill... A Corsican ram. I thought it would be a good idea to carry the ram out on my shoulders. Didn’t pay any mind to the front half of my arrow broken off inside the ram...

Blood was leaking down my arm and at first I thought it was the ram’s

Comment

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
                    I drove to my lease, walked to my stand and decided to pee before I crawled on up. I had had this nagging itch for a few days prior and while I’m peeing, and scratching, I looked down and finally figured out the source of my itch. Yes... you can see them. I drove to a certain grocery store and stole the medicine to fix the issue because I was to embarrassed to go through the check out. Went home and took care of that little problem. I got rid of the real problem the next day!
                    End. Of. Thread. Lol

Comment

I leave one or two bullets of each caliber in each riffle stand now!!!

Drove one hour to duck hunt by my self get to landing and realized I forgot my shotgun. Had decoys set from day before. Launch boat picked up decoys and went back home.

Drove about hour to deer lease got ready to leave truck notice I did not have my gun. Just looked at deer that morning.

Now I feel better!!!

Comment

I bought a rifle at the gun show and put it behind the seat of my old single cab Chevy.

I was trading my old single cab in on a new extended cab and thought I better clean out my truck before I leave. I found a Marlin 32-20 behind the seat. I thought dang man I hit the jackpot, then I remembered I had bought that rifle at the little gun show in Kerrville about a year earlier.

Comment

This happened to my buddy. He bought several hundred dollars worth of hunting clothes before we went on a hunt in Mexico, he always puts his dirty clothes in a trash bag, our rancher always stops at a dump and throws all of our trash in it on our way out, well he did not know buddies clothes were in trash bag, So if you see some old Mexican running around in Mexico with brand new hunting duds on you know where he got them.

Comment

I left my S&W 44mag on top of my bronco one year and drove off. Luckily I remembered it and found it in the ditch. Forget arrows once, and my release a couple of times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
                              I had to wipe with my socks in the field before because I forgot to bring TP.

On two separate occasions.
                              This is close to home. Maybe one day I'll remember.

I have gotten into a blind and sat down had a deer come out picked up my gun and click. I went to chamber a round but it was empty and I did not bring any extra bullets with me. I just had to sit there and watch the rest of the evening.

Comment

I do dumb crap all the time.. I’ve forgotten shooting sticks, binoculars, ear muffs, thermocell, toilet paper, keys to the SxS, you name it.

I’m REALLY bad about going to check cameras and forgetting my card reader

Comment

Working...
                                X