No announcement yet.

Heavy Arrows = Pass Through

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just want to point out Neither of the two counter argument’s kill examples were complete pass throughs

Comment

I’ll just point out you can’t prove 100-200-5000 more grains would have passed through. Nor can you prove that on any deer... nor any unrecovered animal... or blame lack of penetration on the non recovery... without recovering the animal that was unable to be recovered

Simple

What if all that extra weight in the zombie killing arrow caused the broadhead to bend (you said your using mechanical at times...you know for maximum penetration). Or bone strike blows out front of arrow shaft... now nothing matters

Too many variables to have a small sample as “the best way”

Again I’m not saying one is always better. But find what works YOUSELF and forget all the calculator experts theories

Comment

... but this little 292 DID pass through. So far in fact we still haven’t found the arrow. You can see exit. Entrance was center of shoulder. 20ish yards
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
          I have been slinging 320 total grain arrows through deers vitals like butter with 55lbs of draw weight and 27" draw length for a long time. I need the light arrow for more speed with my short draw length and preffered lower poundage bow setting.

I choose the same setup on my rifle as well - (25.06)
          I've got the same setup and 1.5" more draw length. Still haven't had a chance to put blood on my arrows. But, reading this thread has me really itching.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
            That's something the heavy arrow guys can't discuss honestly and intelligently.

Gary

What do you want to discuss?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
              ... but this little 292 DID pass through. So far in fact we still haven’t found the arrow. You can see exit. Entrance was center of shoulder. 20ish yards
              Why didn’t you start with that one?

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                So is the discussion over? Who won? Did we change anyone’s mind on anything?
                Systemnt

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                  Shout out to hibachi grill chefs
                  I am headed to Academy to get the new for 2019 Rage Hibachi! Puts deer down in sight and if you aim for the top of the heart it will “slice and dice” the aorta and make an aorta volcano with lung steam coming out the top on a cold day...ding ding ding ding...shoooo shooo!

Comment

So after reading all of this and seeing valid points from both sides. Wouldn't it be possible for someone to test all of this, video it and put it on the you-tube for everyone to see? There are penetration and durability videos out there for every broadhead on the market using ballistic gel, cardboard, cinder blocks and whatever else. And i know we have some very talented Youtuber's on here. Why couldnt someone make a video testing a 400,500 and 600 grain arrow with a COC head and do the same with a mechanical of some sort and see what the results are? Do it at a some average DL's and DW's say 65# and 28in and 30in and id think you would have a pretty good test.

Comment

I don’t care near as much about arrow weight as I do shot placement. If you can’t hit where you’re aiming what’s a light or heavy arrow gonna matter? I have yet to take a deer with my bow but have taken a couple pigs. One pass through and one not. The one without going all the the way through did more damage. Both ended up harvested and in the freezer. Get out there and practice

Comment

Wasted 15 minutes of my life I will never get back.
                        Mr. Smart you are hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                          I don't understand what more penetration the OP, or anyone for that matter, wants. If my arrow passes through the animal it doesn't matter how far out the other side it flies.

Gary
                          Oh yes it does, it means more lost arrows, potentially.

Comment

[emoji106][emoji16][emoji41]

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                              Wasted 15 minutes of my life I will never get back.
                              Mr. Smart you are hilarious.
                              Impressive. Took me A LOT longer than 15 minutes.

I admire Smart's particular brand of humor, as well.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
                                What do you want to discuss?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Hey DRT, why did you choose to not respond to this question directed at you?
                                Last edited by crc; 11-11-2019, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X