No announcement yet.

Cruise Drink Package Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went on a cruise last October and we got the drink package for me and soft drink package for my wife. I would just go order a shot and a beer and bring her the shot and she'd mix a drink. We did this the entire cruise and never had a problem and spent half of what we would have if we both got the package.

Comment

If both of you drink your max 10 drinks a day its worth it since most of the drinks are $10-$13. You can get anything with a max value of $20 per drink. In other words depends on what you drink. We usually get it and choose top self Whiskies.....

Comment

Well worth it.

Comment

Worth it in my opinion. We didn’t do the drink package and had an alcohol bill of nearly $900. That didn’t sting so bad since the wife won about 1/2 of that on the slot machines.

Comment

I am just amazed how much alcohol my TBH brothers consume! I am a lightweight apparently. 15-20 drinks per day?! All I can say is wow, just wow.

Comment

We skipped the package last cruise and used cruise points we built up on a credit-card and had 2 bottles of vodka delivered to the room ($80 a pop) for my wife to use in her girly drinks.

We came out ahead not getting the packages and I drank as I wanted to.
              Another couple we went with did get the packages and made sure my hand stayed occupied with a cold drink so that helped .

On another cruise we got the packages and drank like fish, I kinda think they serve near beer inside those bottles as I was pounding away and never really felt buzzed so to speak. Bloated yes, over my limit- no.

So out of 3 cruises we've done it both ways.
              1/2 dozen of one and six of the other.

Comment

Originally posted by gfulton View Post
                This is some funny chit what you guys will do...LOL
                Saves a lot of money. Last cruise they had a rule, everyone staying in the same room had to buy the drink package if one person did. In other words, If I bought it, my wife had to buy it too. She barely drinks so the math just didn't work for us. This helped a lot . The other option is to buy a bottle from room service and have it delivered. Expensive, but still cheaper than paying for each drink.

Comment

The first cruise we went on, we did not purchase the package. At the end of the cruise I got my bar bill and almost passed out. Now, we always get the package. Personally, I like Norwegian and Princess. You can get drinks the moment you board the ship. Totally worth it in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                  X