X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smart
    replied
    Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
    Smart, I’ve got a Mr.Buddy that’s been giving me some problems. I have it hooked up to a big tank. The pilot will light and stay on forever but as soon as I turn the lever to low or hi it will burn for a minute or so and turn off. Unhooked the big bottle and out a small green one on it and it ran just fine. I know the big bottle is full.

Sounds like your regulator on your big bottle is jacked....or your hose is clogged w/ oil leached from the hose. Don't run a big tank without the filter. The oil will clog the lines.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9962.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	160.4 KB
ID:	24597068

Name:	IMG_9954.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	126.4 KB
ID:	24597069

Name:	IMG_9984.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	24597070
    Last edited by Smart; 11-04-2019, 10:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Acameron52
    replied
    Smart, I’ve got a Mr.Buddy that’s been giving me some problems. I have it hooked up to a big tank. The pilot will light and stay on forever but as soon as I turn the lever to low or hi it will burn for a minute or so and turn off. Unhooked the big bottle and out a small green one on it and it ran just fine. I know the big bottle is full.

Leave a comment:

• GIL HUNTS
    replied
    I carry a $1 propane lighter to light mine the old fashion way if it doesn't want to act right.

Leave a comment:

• Radar
    replied
    I had one of the bigger ones that was grey in color, I hated that thing. I took it apart so many times I lost half the screws. One mornin that thing started acting up and I jacked with it for 15 minutes and slung it out the blind winder, bottle and all.

It landed next to a walkie talkie that did not work either.

Leave a comment:

• sp-bow
    replied
    Note to self: if it doesn't work smack it a few times, firmly push it numerous times. Then it'll heat up.

Leave a comment:

• Dale Moser
    replied
    Originally posted by texag93 View Post
    This worked on mine. Mine hasn’t worked in a year. I brought it home last weekend to work on it. I slapped it around 8-10 times. Pushed the off button 15 times, screwed a bottle on it and it lit right up. [emoji1743]*[emoji3603]

Sounds like a cops episode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Guerrero88
    replied
    I have the same heater with the same issue. I sprayed some electrical contact cleaner with the long spray nozzle in the brass piece that the flame comes out of. Works fine now. It did take a couple of attempts with the cleaner. They seem to be very temperamental. But after the cleaning it’s working fine.

Leave a comment:

• texag93
    replied
    Originally posted by Miller View Post
    I had a problem with one of mine and emailed them. They sent me this and it actually fixed it right away when I tried it.

“This May sound silly, but hold the heater in the upright position, and smack it with the palm of your hand about 5 times. Then, press on the off button with your finger, firmly, about 10-15 times. Then try to light the heater. Sometimes the sensor behind the off button gets stuck and we have to encourage it back to the resting position.”
    This worked on mine. Mine hasn’t worked in a year. I brought it home last weekend to work on it. I slapped it around 8-10 times. Pushed the off button 15 times, screwed a bottle on it and it lit right up. 🤷🏼*♂️

Leave a comment:

• Roger_Roger
    replied
    Need more threads like this. Help fix stuff and other stuff.

Leave a comment:

• gmagsdad
    replied
    I like where this is headed

Leave a comment:

• Etxbuckman
    replied
    Originally posted by Paycheck View Post
    Hope you don't have to beat it in the deer stand.
    Thank God it's plastic and cleans up easy.

Leave a comment:

• Antlers86
    replied
    Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
    My wife wonders why I’m hunting all the time.

Leave a comment:

• Black Ice
    replied
    Originally posted by Paycheck View Post

My wife wonders why I’m hunting all the time.

Leave a comment:

• Paycheck
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Smart
    replied
    good deal....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X